Gaining

Anyone ever feel ambivalent about gaining weight?

A bit of backstory.

For all my life I've been an overweight male, but starting during my teenage years I found myself being attracted more to larger woman (either gaining or fat) and I even found myself wondering what it would be like to get fatter myself.

But for the usual reasons I never indulged in it, e.g. fears about my peers, society, family (who can be annoying, albeit in a concerned way not helped by the obsession with their own weight), whether I'd like the way I'd look/feel, etc.

However, years later I now find myself getting gradually fatter unintentionally through a combination of circumstances and lifestyle e.g. shift work, having to rely on fast food, etc.

In the last year I have already gained at least some weight to the point that when I sit down now I can find myself with a pair of moobs and a hanging gut which I can hold.

This year I expect to get even fatter as I will be relying even more on fast food and eating when I otherwise would not eat e.g. large breakfasts.

However, this also leaves me feeling ambivalent, on the one hand I may now be able to finally gain the weight I've wanted to for years with a somewhat justifiable reason/excuse for it because I wont/cannot really do anything about it unlike intentionally gaining weight.

But on the other hand while I no longer have to deal with the types of comments I had in school, I do still have other concerns such as how my family will react or worse whether I'll even end up liking my fatter self.

Has anyone else been gaining through a similar experience? How did you deal with it? Any tips or advice for someone gaining like this?

Thank you.
7 years

From my observations:

1. Usually people care less and less about what their families think as they get older;

2. Sounds like you're conflicted; there are some things you like about gaining and some things you don't. "Deciding to Get Fat" may help: askdrfeeder.dyndns.org/dtgf.html
7 years

AskDrFeeder:
From my observations:

1. Usually people care less and less about what their families think as they get older;

2. Sounds like you're conflicted; there are some things you like about gaining and some things you don't. "Deciding to Get Fat" may help: askdrfeeder.dyndns.org/dtgf.html

Thanks.

I think I'm becoming more comfortable thinking about it now.

The way I'm looking at it, if I'm going to get fat anyway might as well enjoy it like I've always wanted. I've started to also 'joke' with people about how I'm also bound to gain weight and they know I'm going to be rather sedate and eating allot of junk food (one of the things I like about having an excuse).

Still, it will be interesting to hear what others have to say if they've been in a similar position.
7 years

SundaeMorning:
I hope you can find that inner "zen" and discover what makes you happy though!

Thanks, I hope things also continue to go well for you "zen" wise.
7 years

Casual Gainer:
The way I'm looking at it, if I'm going to get fat anyway might as well enjoy it like I've always wanted.[/quote]

This.
7 years

Casual Gainer:
I've started to also 'joke' with people about how I'm also bound to gain weight and they know I'm going to be rather sedate and eating allot of junk food (one of the things I like about having an excuse).

Like they say in old cowboy movies: "Let's head 'em off at the pass!"
7 years

AskDrFeeder:

AskDrFeeder:

Head them off at the pass? I hate that cliche smiley .
7 years

AskDrFeeder:

AskDrFeeder:

Casual Gainer:
Head them off at the pass? I hate that cliche smiley .

I wanted to post that, but I didn't think anybody would get it. smiley
7 years

AskDrFeeder:

Casual Gainer:
Head them off at the pass? I hate that cliche smiley .[/quote]

Yeah, but at least I used it in an unconventional way!
7 years