well i have a BBQ one im not a vegan but i make this at times for friends who are they always seem to like it got it from a BBQ forum
BBQ vegan pulled mushrooms sandwich
1 pound whole trumpet/king oyster mushrooms
1 each head kale, finely sliced (chiffonade)
2 each carrots, peeled and grated
1 each red onion, julienned
1 cup vegan mayonnaise
4 tablespoons sugar
˝ cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup BBQ sauce
4 each sandwich rolls
1. Heat the grill If using a gas grill, spread the drained wood chips in the smoking box and place it on the hottest part of the grill. If using a charcoal grill, place the drained wood chips directly on the coals. Allow chips to heat for 15 minutes until they start smoking.
2. Then, place mushrooms on grill and cook for 20 minutes until darkened, but do not allow them to burn. When mushrooms are done cooking, allow them to cool slightly, then shred with a fork.
3. Meanwhile, to make the slaw, mix together the kale, carrots, and onion in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, mix vegan mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, and crushed red pepper. Whisk to combine, then pour over the slaw and incorporate.
4. Heat oil in a saucepan, add mushrooms and BBQ sauce, and sauté until sauce is caramelized and has coated the mushrooms.
5. To assemble the sandwich, place kale slaw on the bun and top with mushroom mixture. Bon appetit.