Artists and animators

Fat women in traditional paintings?

Lately I've been looking around for traditional paintings and portraits with fat women as their subjects. Can't say I've managed to find all that many. Anybody know of any?
7 years

There's loads and loads of artists across the centuries who have liked various forms from slightly chubby to genuinely thick. The appreciation for what we might think of as ssbbws is, I think, a 20th C phenomenon.
Get creative with your search terms and phrases, and look in image searches. Botero is great, and Rubens, of course, but there's Niki de St. Phalle, some of Tamara de Lempicka and Lucien Freud's women, the Norwegian artist with the famous scupture garden in Oslo..., Anyway, lots. There's a Fat Art page on Pinterest, and there used to be a few websites, too--I'm sure there still are, but they're just a littler harder to find now.
Don't give up hope--keep searching!
7 years

I would agree that Peter Paul Rubens is a master painter of plump, sensuous women without peer. He is by far my favorite. He really celebrates the idea of fatter women being the epitome of good health and beauty. You can find them in any major art museum. If in NYC, visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art and in Chicago, the Art Institute. Or since you are overseas, check out their websites.
7 years