Gaining

New revolutionary way to gain weight easily and fast

Well, it is not new, we just did not know about it really.
WARNING, this might gross some people out, so don't follow the link if you often experience the "I don't want to know" impulse or the "too much information". If you are a true scientist and out to answer the big questions of the universe, especially: How to change your belly to make you gain weight fast and easy, go follow the link, it is pretty amazing:

www.medicaldaily.com/gut-bacteria-obese-people-make-lab-mice-fat-could-changing-your-stomach-microbiome-make-you-skinny

www.medicaldaily.com/gut-bacteria-obese-people-make-lab-mice-fat-could-changing-your-stomach-microbiome-make-you-skinny

The implications of this are obvious, just find a very fat person and even if you gain slow and hard, soon that process that made that person so massively obese will start fattening you up rapidly.
7 years

Just being around heavier people? This might have a large rffect on mice becaue theyre small but how would this work on human scale
7 years

blancoadongo:
Just being around heavier people? This might have a large rffect on mice becaue theyre small but how would this work on human scale

You should check out the articles...this goes beyond just hanging around a heavier set person.
7 years

MissPorker:
You should check out the articles...this goes beyond just hanging around a heavier set person.[/quote]

i do not derstand what this is implying, for helping people gain? I mean the only conventional thing i see is antibiotics
7 years

Have you ever heard of fecal transplants to treat people with irritable bowel syndrome? They single out the helpful bacteria in samples of human waste and encapsulate it in pill form. The OP is suggesting that if scientists can identify the bacteria that makes people fat, people that want to be fat can "medicate" themselves in a similar fashion. I can't foresee scientists helping people get fat but it's a fun thought.
7 years

Yes, and it will work totally automatic, from one day to the next you are that person that is gaining, no matter what they do. They try to keep their weight, but the get fatter, every transgression, every cake you eat, every trip to Mcdonalds makes you gain even faster, every tiny bit of fat goes directly into your belly fat. If there is a person that weights 300 kg or 660 pounds, and they have constantly gained, without pause, that means that the same thing wil happen to you if you get their bacteria, it will start pumping you up with fat all the same, I wonder how that feels once that process starts.
This whole thing also means that no fat person needs to be fat without wanting it, they can opt out. I think this will help, because everybody can get what they want. I wonder though if there will be more discrimination, because more will be thin and being fat will become a rare thing. But, on the other hand being thin and everybody being lean and without curves, no breasts, no butts, no bellies, it will be come extremely boring and I think that people might gravitate towards being fatter, bodies will rebel, for 10000 it was a really bad idea to be rake thin, it meant that you left yourself open to being killed off for sure in the next famine that would come for sure. For a kid, a fat mom and dad meant that they would be around, while thin ones would leave them alone. The conditions might have changed, but the genes and human bodies have not, not for a few hundred years where food was abundant.

I itch to try this out, see how it works. I wonder even if you could cure a lactose intolerant person, I have a friend up in Canada that is very fat and he longs to gain a lot more and finds this idea very attractive and well, he is lactose intolerant. So we will see if it works, because he wants to try it. And it seems that digestion, as well as immune systems (allergies seem to be also connected to it) are very much benign bacteria based.
7 years

Apparently this can happen completely by accident.

www.idsociety.org/FMT_Weight_Gain/
7 years

segfault:
So how does one go about correctly isolating and culturing the correct bacteria? Seems like this would be a difficult thing to do DIY

I don't think this is a DIY kind of activity
7 years

Well if that reall exists and works i would love to find nice willing adcenturous women to try that on a three or better 4 week cruise or holiday ;-) but would let my gf sign a contract that she has to help me get back in shape if i want to afterwards ;-)
7 years