Gaining

Quitting smoking and weight gain

While I have not been a smoker, I had a girlfriend a long time ago who gave up smoking and decided she was going to eat whatever she wanted so she would not be tempted to smoke again. She put on 25 more lbs. which really turned me on even more. Giving up smoking will be a lot better for your health even if you do gain weight. Good luck and keep us posted.
7 years

Smoking is an appetite suppressant I believe (although I may be wrong). I've heard lots of stories of people stopping and suddenly putting on the pounds.
7 years

While studying for a degree in Health and Physical Education I read s statistic in a textbook. This was over 30 years ago mind you.
33 % gain.33% lose 33% stay the same.
That being said. Nicotine has a slight enhancement on metabolism. Smoke dulls taste buds so food tastes better.
I ran across two ladies way back that unfortunately I had missed their quitting time. One gained 15 lbs in a month and had just picked it up again. She looked Beautiful. Thirty years later she was still smoking and wanting to quit.

The other one had gained 45 lbs in 3 months and picked it up again and lost the weight by the time I saw her. Now she is 49 years old and looks 65 and is a shift leader at Hardee's. Smoking ages all skin and it is scientific fact that it breaks down the collagen on a woman's mouth area more. And Now she's got at least 30 of those lbs on her anyway. It's a tragedy. She should be a Gorgeous plumper now. Instead she looks old and washed out.
The looks thing should be a bigger part of the education system along with COPD Heart disease,Lung Cancer and Emphysema. Maybe less would start if they thought about looking older at 30 rather than a potential lung or heart problem that might never happen.

Enough of this.

Yes. A Feedee could Surely gain Much Better giving up cigs.
7 years

yes thats just what you need because im sure he will be looking to eat more over christmas so i say stock up on the treats
7 years

I quit 2 years ago and don't miss it.
I did gain some weight from quitting maybe 30 lbs or so but I was already fat anyway so nobody could tell if I gained any LOLOL.
6 years

A neighbor of mine growing up started smoking in his mid-30's and lost a good 75lbs over the next 6 months.
4 years

Jazzman:
While studying for a degree in Health and Physical Education I read s statistic in a textbook. This was over 30 years ago mind you.
33 % gain.33% lose 33% stay the same.
That being said. Nicotine has a slight enhancement on metabolism. Smoke dulls taste buds so food tastes better.
I ran across two ladies way back that unfortunately I had missed their quitting time. One gained 15 lbs in a month and had just picked it up again. She looked Beautiful. Thirty years later she was still smoking and wanting to quit.

The other one had gained 45 lbs in 3 months and picked it up again and lost the weight by the time I saw her. Now she is 49 years old and looks 65 and is a shift leader at Hardee's. Smoking ages all skin and it is scientific fact that it breaks down the collagen on a woman's mouth area more. And Now she's got at least 30 of those lbs on her anyway. It's a tragedy. She should be a Gorgeous plumper now. Instead she looks old and washed out.
The looks thing should be a bigger part of the education system along with COPD Heart disease,Lung Cancer and Emphysema. Maybe less would start if they thought about looking older at 30 rather than a potential lung or heart problem that might never happen.

Enough of this.

Yes. A Feedee could Surely gain Much Better giving up cigs.

Chubbybunny70:
I did both times

Same here!
4 years

How did it work
3 years

I was a smoker for a good 15 years and with a weight of 160. Quitting was really a hard thing to do but gained about 30 lbs. Since then I have been gaining steadily and now with the quarantine, another 20lbs. Gave up one addiction for another!
3 years