Stuffing

Leftover day

I have a large family that all comes over to my house for Thanksgiving, and everyone brings something. We send everyone home with a plate of leftovers, but there is still a lot of food left over that we munch on for the next few days.
This year, we were especially busy with late work days, appointments, and kids activities that meant we weren't home enough to eat all of the leftovers before they were going to go bad.
I HATE food waste.
I took one day and didn't eat anything all day at work, and made it my mission to eat everything left, and if I didn't eat it, then toss it.
First, I took all of the small containers that had half a portions (mainly veggies) and mixed them.
Then, I heated up all of the leftover stuffing and mashed potatoes.
Then half a sweet potato pie and almost a whole pumpkin pie.
7 years

Leftover day

I realize it sounds like I finished all of this. With each round, I ate as much as I could as fast as I could for as long as I could, then threw the rest out. Then I rested and recharged for the next load. I timed it to my laundry, so I went for the next thing whenever I had to take the next load out of the dryer. Folding clothes is one of those chores you can do while stuffed.
Also, I forgot to mention that both on Thanksgiving and for this leftover stuffing, I discovered the power of using a glass of brandy as a digestif after a big meal. It really does get rid of the upset tight feeling in the belly.
7 years