Gaining

Boost

Everyone always talks about heavy cream but I don't think I've ever seen a thread about Boost. Boost is a supplement/meal replacement drink similar to ensure or nutrament that has 530 calories per 8 oz which is comparable to heavy cream's 50 calories per tablespoon or 800 calories per 8 oz. Has anyone given it a try? Got any stories to share? I just got a 2 week supply and started drinking it last night...I'll keep you posted on how effective I find it to be.
7 years

Boost

Well if it is just two weeks, and you're keeping everything the same. I will just be conservative and say 3lbs
7 years

Boost

It's very thick. I tried it, it didn't add pounds unless I drank 2 inside my protein shake, plus an additional 3 (with every meal)
7 years

Boost

So, last night was my fourth night of chugging Boost before bed. I haven't seen a significant jump in weight (went from 364 to 366 when weighing in on an empty stomach) but my lower back is starting to ache which usually is a sign that my belly has gotten heavier...could it be a placebo effect? This is my first time consistently using a gainer shake and I'm finding that it makes me eat less since I'm being mindful of saving room for the shake. I've also never tried to gain beyond 365 before so it makes sense that my rate of gain would be slower compared to regaining weight or maybe I've finally hit a plateau.
7 years

Boost

PS That treat sounds amazing, SSBBWTav!
7 years

Boost

Alright, so I noticed a jump on the scale after a classic big food day yesterday: muffin and donut for breakfast, a bevy of Chinese for lunch and a sub, beef patty and wings for dinner followed by a bunch of Boost. I went from 365 on December 14 to 370 on December 15. I guess the key to it is eating and drinking big which is a little disheartening because I've already gained relatively quickly by just eating big in the past.
7 years

Boost

OK, maybe I could have been a little more patient because all that boost is starting to impact my morning weigh ins. The scale read 373 this morning...close to a ten pound gain over the span of 12 days without really stuffing.
7 years

Boost

Another day, another gain. The scale read 380 this morning and my tummy is hanging out of the bottom of a 3XL top.
7 years

Boost

missporker.tumblr.com/post/154854716978/so-how-many-of-those-do-u-drunk-in-a-day-putting
7 years

Boost

I wrapped up my experiment over Christmas weekend. I peaked at 380 but finished up at 378 lbs which is a 14 pound increase in two weeks. I can't speak for other people's experiences but I'd argue that it's pretty effective.
7 years
123   loading