Gaining

Just drank oil for the first time!

Suggest Maus Mix. Which is a mixture of oil and water emulsified with lecithin. It makes the oil like a heavy cream that you can make shakes with. It's much easier to digest than pure oil. You can find the recipe in that section of this site smiley Good luck.
7 years

Grow_You_Girls:
Suggest Maus Mix. Which is a mixture of oil and water emulsified with lecithin. It makes the oil like a heavy cream that you can make shakes with. It's much easier to digest than pure oil. You can find the recipe in that section of this site smiley Good luck.
I am 99.9 percent sure that "Maus" is the German word for "mouse;" you might unknowingly be drin.king something really gross!
7 years

It blows my mind that people are eating or drinking something that tastes bad to get fat! I love food that tastes good; it's part of the pleasure of being fat. Right now, I'm trying to just maintain, but the unavoidable laws of metaphysics make it difficult. I'm glad I like being a size 16-18, 'cause there is no way I could ever be thin thinking about beautiful BHM fat all the time. On the two occasions I have had to regain 5-7 lbs lost due to flu, I was at McDonalds, stuffing myself with foods that were designed by a team of experts to taste good. Oil seems nuts to me; no better than what the s.kin.nies are doing.
7 years

I might have a little insight into oil drinking... Are you familiar with ketogenic diets?

TL;DR, calories from fat may not turn into fat on your body. For a brief introduction to this idea, this article may help. www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mark-hyman/fat-health_b_4343798.html

Keto diets stress high amounts of natural fat. Thing is though, they're diets that help with weight *loss* and metabolic health.

I don't know much, so I encourage people to do their own research, but here's what I understand: by replacing carb calories with healthy fat calories, your body still gets the energy it needs. However, fats don't trigger an insulin response the way carbs do, and they don't get stored in adipose the same way glucose does. Carbs get digested into glucose, blood glucose triggers an insulin response, insulin tells various cells--including adipose--to absorb glucose. Which is why lots of carbs help you get fat.)

That said, a little more poking around suggests that olive oil boosts insulin sensitivity. So, indulging in some highly uneducated speculation, maybe drinking olive oil helps you get fat because your body is more sensitive to insulin, which means maybe it's better at absorbing glucose? I'm honestly not sure.

Part of the purpose of eating so many healthy fats in a keto diet is to improve metabolic health, like reducing insulin resistance or improving insulin sensitivity (I don't know if those are different, but I've heard it put both ways).

So maybe an important part of a gaining diet is lots of healthy fats, but not because they make you fat.

I'm not doing a keto diet, but I'm swapping out significant amounts of carb calorie for healthy fat calories. I've been consuming 6 tbsb of various oils in my breakfast every morning (roughly 720 calories), and I'm losing weight pretty quickly. I started because I was getting pretty regular blood sugar crashes and episodes of hanger, and I haven't had one episode of feeling low on blood sugar since I changed my diet.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm not going for calorie restriction. I eat when I'm hungry, and I stop when I'm full. I think I'm eating a normal amount of calories, I'm just eating more fats and fewer carbs.
7 years

Also, as Onyxstar pointed out, there's a bit of a lip-balm effect when drinking oil. My lips are much healthier than they have been in a long time!
7 years