Fat experiences

Not gaining weight, just getting flabby

I've noticed a kind of weird phenomenon in myself. After an initial 20lb gain or so since my more athletic days, my weight has stayed pretty much the same as a number even though I continue to get flabbier and "fatter". I can only assume it has to do with muscle mass depleting and being replaced by fat. It's funny though that I weigh about the same as I did a few years ago but have gone up a couple pants sizes and sport a jiggly little gut.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering how long until the "real gain" sets in, and I cross over from being a skinny dude who gained some weight to just being a fat dude.
7 years

Following
7 years

Ha, well I'm not really trying to gain weight, I'm just kind of letting it happen. My office job, combined w/ lack of exercise and booze make it more or less inevitable
7 years

Ha, just stumbled back on this post of mine from about a year ago. Really seems to be true, I'm about the same weight not the scale that I was then (maybe even a few pounds lighter), but am definitely "fatter". Any muscle I had seems to have gone and my pants just get tighter and tighter
6 years

Ha, revisiting this one once again and it seems like I have found the tipping point. I've piled on about 10 pounds in the last couple months and it's definitely starting to show, haha. My wife no longer tries to pretend I haven't gotten chubbier, now she just pats my belly and tells me not to worry about it. My seatbelt digs into my belly in the car, and my little gut shows throw all my t-shirts. Not to mention my BMI is now FIRMLY into the category of overweight, instead of hovering within a couple decimals one way or another.
6 years

Ha, revisiting this one once again and it seems like I have found the tipping point. I've piled on about 10 pounds in the last couple months and it's definitely starting to show, haha. My wife no longer tries to pretend I haven't gotten chubbier, now she just pats my belly and tells me not to worry about it. My seatbelt digs into my belly in the car, and my little gut shows throw all my t-shirts. Not to mention my BMI is now FIRMLY into the category of overweight, instead of hovering within a couple decimals one way or another.
6 years

boomtaffle:

Your wife plays around but I am sure she likes the extra lbs. same thing happened when I was intentionally gaining not only did my wife seem to like it .....she was piling massive fattening meals on my plate and giving me seconds before I even finished. There are so many theories why women like to see there men fatten up over time.
5 years

That's pretty much my goal. I'm 281 lbs, and I don't want to weigh more than 300, but I want my weight to be all soft dough...I want to look like I do nothing but sit and feed myself.

Gainers should get a tape measure and track their progress that way. It's far more gratifying to see another inch on my belly or thighs than another 5-10 lbs on the scale.
5 years

Dolkite:
Gainers should get a tape measure and track their progress that way. It's far more gratifying to see another inch on my belly or thighs than another 5-10 lbs on the scale.

Soft jiggly fat is the best fat! Make sure to look for a quilter's tape. Those are longer than regular tapes, which are typically around 60" or 150 cm long.
5 years

That's my goal: ultimate softness. I love the idea of being large but with puny, underused muscles encased in plenty of lard.
5 years
12   loading