Gaining

Getting fat and happy in an american suburb

So, I've been reading about how one of the big reasons behind the obesity epidemic in the States is because hardly anyone walks anywhere. Even the suburbs have barely any sidewalks, so you have to drive pretty much anywhere. And then there's the fast food, the HUGE portions... I bet if I moved to an American suburb or city, I'd be as big as a barrel in no time at all! smiley
7 years

bills225:
You're 100% right about all of that. I live in the suburbs and am getting big as a barrel!

Oh? Do tell!
7 years

You are correct about America. I live in the City where there are sidewalks and bike lanes. However, watching American television, one advertisement wants to sell you fast food, the next ad maybe for losing weight. Fast food places are everywhere too. Most restaurants serve large portions, so eating out adds to the weight problem. But we are fat and for the most part happy!
7 years

Yes, Americans continue to grow fatter. 75% of us are either overweight or obese. We do drive almost everywhere and children no longer walk to school. Restaurants serve very large portions and offer as much bread and butter as you want prior to the meal. We have an abundance of restaurant choices of every imaginable cuisine. And our jobs are completely sedentary for the most part, sitting all day at our desks and working on a computer. We love to snack. Eating out is a national pastime. And it seems to be a tradition that once a couple marries, they will grow fat together. Nonetheless, as Fanedfox said, we are a fat and happy people for the most part.
7 years