Submission and domination

Fatter and then dumber

chubbynate:
There are different forms of intelligence and varying levels of awareness. An IQ test only focuses on limited portion of human intellectual spectrum. They have no test for emotional based intelligence but they should.

They do, it's EQ, emotional intelligence quotient
7 years

Fatter and then dumber

A high IQ doesn't mean you are smart or have common sense.
My IQ has been tested at the college I went to and I rated up there pretty high but ask me a question about pro football or base ball and I appear as dumb as a rock.
All I know its a bunch of guys in tight pants chasing each other on a field with lines on it.
Deductive reasoning is my strong suit I can take something apart and put it back together and it still works LOL.
3 years

Fatter and then dumber

I agree with Ditzy (pretty much as usual) 100%. I too have a really high IQ, but that doesn't mean I am smart about everything.

I have to struggle sometimes to understand other's emotional state and why they think what the do, but can develop industrial processes and equipment easily.

Some of the smartest people I have ever known seemed at first to be dumb at first. People often think that quiet means dumb, but it isn't true!
3 years

Fatter and then dumber

By the way, let me put a plug in for the ladies!

If you are a woman considering education / career please consider engineering! I believe that women are often discouraged from engineering because it IS male dominated, but some of the best engineers I have encountered have been women.

It is often thought that men won't mentor women but rather exclude them. My experience is that this has not been true. Most experienced people want someone to express interest and will mentor anyone who does!

Anyway, just a word of encouragement for those it might apply to!
3 years

Fatter and then dumber

Ditzy:
A high IQ doesn't mean you are smart or have common sense.
My IQ has been tested at the college I went to and I rated up there pretty high but ask me a question about pro football or base ball and I appear as dumb as a rock.
All I know its a bunch of guys in tight pants chasing each other on a field with lines on it.
Deductive reasoning is my strong suit I can take something apart and put it back together and it still works LOL.

I concur with Ditzy but I would also add that there is a difference between intelligence and intellectualism. I have been chubby to obese most of my life and my intellectualism has made me more of a polymath in which I between interested in a myriad of topics from inductive to deductive reasoning.
3 years
12   loading