Fat experiences

What's it like being fat?

Prawns:
This is probably weird topic but what is it like to be fat, what are the pros and cons. The reason I'm asking is because I'm thinking of gaining weight myself but I'm unsure at the moment.

As someone who was fatphobic, getting fat is a liberating experience. Why the change? It hit me that for all the diets I followed... everything from WW to just balanced portion control... I'm a fat guy. My body wants to be fat. Accepting that is a good feeling. I like feeling the blubber I'm accumulating, and want more. Those are a few positives.

Not too many negatives for me. My family, when I see them, always have something to say. I just give them a stare-down. Clothes are a challenge because I'm 5'5" with a 49" belly, 47-48" chest, 18" neck. I haven't gotten any snide comments from strangers because so many people in the US are overweight. My response would be "what mirror do you use?"
6 years

The best advice I can give is you need to have a thick skin especially in the beginning. If you are starting thin be prepared for comments a lot of them not all them will be tactful. I think this is one of the most important thing feeders/gainers don't think about. Reactions especially from those close to you will challenge and may even make you question your commitment to gain. I know in my own journey I had set backs because of this. It was not till in my 30s that I was finally in the right place to fully commit. That is when the pounds really piled on. My advice before you start ask yourself: is this what I really want? I'm I financially ready ( lot of food, new clothes. I'm I dependent on a spouse or parents that will cut me off to lose weight?) I'm in a good place? (your not in the military or firefighter that will derail your gaining efforts and possible career) How do I plan to respond when co workers/friends/family start noticing? I'm I ready to embrace life as a fat person ? ( this is one of those kinks/fetsish that becomes a life style. I go bed every night as a fat person. I cant take off my huge 60' belly because today I decide I want to ride a roller coaster. Also as I and many found out you may have a goal weight but may not voluntarily be able to stop gaining.)

As for the pros they are mostly intrinsic. You don't get a lot of high fives for being really fat in every day life. I have never felt more confident, comfortable in the body I am sporting now. Of course I welcome new pounds.

Good luck!
6 years

I agree the biggest negatives are the comments, which just piss me off to no end because...

- They're unnecessary.

- They're never tactful.

And worst of all...

- They always seem to come in front of other people.

I have a co-worker who points out "you're getting fat" on a weekly basis, always in front of other people. I wouldn't mind so much if he asked me in private or whatever, but I hate how he calls attention to it.

Have a family gathering in a couple of weeks, which I'm dreading because of certain loudmouths I haven't seen in a few years.

Other than that though, getting fat is a lot of fun, and extremely pleasurable.

It's lame, but if I didn't have to worry about the comments/questions - I'd probably go full throttle on it and really blow up my weight.
6 years

Cons: Difficulty climbing stairs, and sweating. Lots and lots of sweating. Not being able to find clothes that you want and need in your size.
Pros for women: Bigger boobs, Prabal Gurung x Lane Bryant
Pros for men: I will reschedule a job interview to watch you pull up a stump.
6 years

My advice before you start ask yourself: is this what I really want? I'm I financially ready ( lot of food, new clothes. I'm I dependent on a spouse or parents that will cut me off to lose weight?) I'm in a good place? (your not in the military or firefighter that will derail your gaining efforts and possible career) How do I plan to respond when co workers/friends/family start noticing? I'm I ready to embrace life as a fat person ?

fatsteve:
My experience has been a little different. I had a burning desire to be fat. I do not know where it came from. I tried to restist it and for a while I succeeded. I thought that it was a passing phase that came with puberty/ I thought that I had overcome it but it came back stronger and stronger. I knew I had to become fat as I could not live without it. So when I started putting on weight at school, the critical comments may have been intended to hurt but secretly they were an encouragement. I was so happy underneath when someone called me "Fatso". By the time my mum started really to become worried about my weight it was a little late. Certainly family events are when I am most likely to receive comments about how much weight I have put on. This is because relatives have not seen me for a while. Friends, even ones who knew me when I was thin at school, seem to have forgot and think that I was always plump. By the time I started work I was already obese and in most people's minds I was already a "fat person". So becoming much fatter over the years hasn't caused so much comment. Having a compusion to be fat has meant that the other questions californiabay raises were not relevant to me. I had to find the money to eat as much as I could. It was not an optiom not to over-eat. I bought as few clothes as I could because I knew I would grow out of them. I deliberately choose a sedentary job as I knew I would be mordidly obese. I am happiset among people with weight issues. I have embracd the life style that comes with being very fat and the health issues that come with it. For me there are no real cons to being fat.

If you are not sure whether to set out to become fat, you are probably not ready to do so.

Good luck too!

This was a very interesting post and twist to the pro and cons. I totally agree with you as far as the shock from people or comments being from people that knew from thinner to Fat......but after a while as time went on you said people never remembered you being skinny and only Fat and it wasn't a big deal if you kept getting bigger. It seem's totally obvious but this is a huge thing for the mind to get around. Like you said relatives or friends that have not seen you for a long while you can almost see it on their face when you greet or meet up with them (wow....someone got so Fat....right?) Also, once you get to a certain point of Fatness also....it's kind of more difficult to recognize the gradual extra10,20 even 30 Lbs. sometimes based on height and how you carry the weight.....unless for example you are in a bathing suit that is several sizes small based on all the new weight you gained and you are flowing out everywhere.

A related incident:
My wife has recently gained 25 lbs. in the last 6 months or so. My brother has seen her several times in that time frame.....say at least once a month. But be it certain clothing or lack of his previous acknowledgement or whatever I had never seen a sobering reaction like I saw the other day when he saw her. She was wearing a pair of her designer jeans (that she still squeezes into as to say she hasn't changed sizes) the type that is lower waisted and she clearly look's like they must have taken 15 minutes to put on along with a massive muffin top not only on her huge Love handles but her belly hangs out the front and jiggles slightly with every step. She has on a silk tank top that now is really tight and form fitting (although not meant to be) and has a tuff time containing everything she has going on from her huge breasts to her ample womanly new figure all over...allowing her Beautifully Tan Fat upper arms to strain the openings allowed to fit threw. As she came out and said Hi to him and his wife I saw a look of shock on his face and he greeted her while he stood their in amazement while his wife hugged and greeted her. I want to think he was thinking "wow, she look's so sexy and incredible" which may be what he was thinking but I also think he was in shock and couldn't believe how Fat my wife got.....even though her weight gain didn't happen overnight he must have assumed this. I am sure my brother and his wife's ride home after we had dinner together must have been discussing how much weight my wife has gained and how big she is now.

So, getting back to my thought here.....this part is a struggle for a lot when choosing to gain, accidentally gaining etc. I mean not that my wife is intentionally gaining or does she rea
6 years

It is good to be fat because there is more of you for people to love. I'm not saying that I am a love doctor and saying that people should eat to get the right lover, but I would say the steps to gain weight are to
- cut out exercise
- make realistic goals for yourself to plan for the future
-take eating slow, you have time to gain weight
-keep a diet that you love and enjoy so that you can enjoy eating
-have a person that can help you become your ideal weight
-keep everything under control (if you feel sick, then you should take a break, then when you get better, you can go back to your food plan)

Some poeple may say that this is a weird way of putting this topic into the question, but it relates because this was and is my routine that I use to gain weight. My personal experience may be weird, but it shows what it is like to be fat; great and comfortable.
6 years

Same, I enjoy being fat. Also nice words of wisdom.
6 years