Gaining

I wish my appetite would come back

I'm taking percocet for pain from back surgery. I think the percocet is killing my appetite. Or at least it's changing what I find appealing to eat, and when I eat.

I'm using MyFitnessPal to track my food. I set my daily goal to 3,500 calories, but I can barely get to 3,000. I had a turkey and cheese on multi-grain bread sandwich for lunch and could barely choke it down. I brought a small container of aloo mattar (an Indian peas and potatoes in curry sauce) but I haven't touched it.

I gained a couple of pounds over the past week or two by forcing myself to eat, but I don't know how I'm going to gain 40 lbs at this rate!

Ideas?
6 years

Ganja
6 years

ganja
6 years

HereForTheView:
Any narcotic like Percocet is going to kill your appetite because it's so hard on your body to digest. As long as you're on it there really isn't much that you can do to get you appetite back up that isn't potentially going to leave you sick or do some damage to your stomach. I would suggest just eating what you can now, and once you're done with the medication taking full advantage of your appetite returning to normal.

Wow, I knew it slows down bowel motility but I never realized it suppressed appetite so much. My dosage is 10/325 up to 3x/ day if needed. I try not to take it but lately the pain has been bad enough to use it that much. Weed is out of the question because I have regular pee tests from the pain management doc who prescribes the percocet.
6 years