forum  weightgain

how to get a soft and drooping belly, not bloated?9 months

Here is what worked for me: gained a sum of 100lbs which was 20 over my goal, lost that 20 and my belly got soft & squishy.

Yeah my belly and fat accumulated in general.. is ridiculously flabby and squishy..... Funny bc always had that very bloated look. I noticed as soon as I got past 30 lb gain.... jiggling all over lol more like it quivers w every move.
That was after I lost 30 and gained 60

I agree with the above. Gain a little extra and then lose some. Made me so much flabbier
Not to mention that as I start to gain weight again I notice that it's softer than my first gain

janeadams:
So get some excess skin going ? Im too lazy to lose weight tho lol i guess that must be it yo yo dieting, i mean it's not as fun when bloated maybe because ive never lost significant weight and put on again everything is puffy and not saggy, need my body to sag more

It sounds like you want to gain subcutaneous fat and not visceral fat. Gaining with dairy products would be a good way to accomplish that. It sounds like you already have excess visceral fat though. If you want your belly to be soft you'll have to lose weight. I recommend dieting. In order to lose weight you have to consume less calories than you need to maintain your weight on average. You can find out how many calories you need to maintain your weight here( mytdee.com). The good news is visceral fat is easier to lose than subcutaneous fat. This is why the other member found their bellies got softer after weight loss. By the way, it has nothing to with excess skin. Subcutaneous fat is soft because it deposits right under the skin. Visceral fat is hard because it deposits under the abdominal muscles around the internal organs.

All this is dead on. But as someone mentioned dairy.....I would say start on Cooking with heavy cream and olive oil....you will see yourself getting soft pudge and very jiggly fat around your lower abdomen, thighs, butt, love handles and back much more than you could ever have gained in those areas before and it will start off soft and get even softer.