forum  extreme obesity

what is the worst thing about being obese?8 months

For me it is probably feeling hot most of the time, sweating too much and the aches I get in my back and knees when I have been standing for too long. However, overall I have no complaints about being obese. I would recommend it.

Definitely the sweating!

As above, it's being hot and the swearing. I mostly wear performance fabrics now that wisk the moister away. I can't stand heavy non-breathable fabrics. I would have to say, second would be the difficulty in Butt cleaning. I have just about given up trying to take care of my feet myself. Just too much work!

For me its leg pain

What my family says about it smiley

My family,and CHUB RUB....

Sometimes the choices you are forced to make as a result. Do you part/distance yourself from longtime friends and family who want you to be "healthy"?

Learning when to pick and choose your battles. Like the same people who look at you in disgust for taking up 2 seats on the train/bus, look for you to help when crazies/thugs start harassing them.

Deciphering if people are "attracted" to you or if subconsciously; you remind them of an obese father/uncle, mother/aunt/cousin who reminded them of a simpler time, a better time in their life before they passed on.

summer and steps

what is the worst thing about being obese?1 month

For my wife, it's clothes shopping and travel.

She really doesn't care about the logistical inconveniences of being truly obese- she told me she wouldn't mind getting too big for doorways even- but having to keep shopping online for bigger and bigger skirts is a bit of a chore.

And travel would be real hard without me. She really needs two airplane seats, but can make do with one because she can rest all her fat on me. Traveling alone, I don't think the average rando could tolerate that sort of "crowding" that comes with a fat stranger spreading all over them.

The last time we flew together, a lovely young supermodel-looking flight attendant had to help her buckle her seatbelt by lifting her belly up by the love handles with a big smile. And she didn't make her lower the armrest even though she was supposed to, because she knew it was no use and she could tell we were flying together and I didn't mind my wife spilling all over me.

Luckily, sweat isn't an issue for her at all-

an abnormally low metabolism is the reason she gains weight so easily in the first place, so gaining more blubber has actually helped her be healthier by keeping her warm!

what is the worst thing about being obese?1 month

I noticed that a lot of you call out sweating and/or joint pain as an issue. I'm not obese, but I sweat more than any fat person I know, and the joints in my knees and shoulders, as well as my lower back, are shot. So maybe these problems aren't just from obesity! I hope this gives you a little comfort - that's how it's intended.
1 page 1 of 3   loading