Extreme obesity

What is the worst thing about being obese?

Definitely the sweating!
6 years

As above, it's being hot and the swearing. I mostly wear performance fabrics now that wisk the moister away. I can't stand heavy non-breathable fabrics. I would have to say, second would be the difficulty in Butt cleaning. I have just about given up trying to take care of my feet myself. Just too much work!
6 years

So far the annoying parts are that getting up consistently from my chair is getting annoying and taxing on my legs, feels like im doing leg exercises lol, usually fix that by just not getting up.

Standing in general sucks, I dont see a reason to unless I have to, I'm also nowhere near as flexible as I once was, like I can still do things I used to, but I have to either move my fat manually, or just work around it, but I consider that a pro soooo
6 years

fatgrllvr:
I noticed that a lot of you call out sweating and/or joint pain as an issue. I'm not obese, but I sweat more than any fat person I know, and the joints in my knees and shoulders, as well as my lower back, are shot. So maybe these problems aren't just from obesity! I hope this gives you a little comfort - that's how it's intended.

That's a good point. Weight gets blamed for EVERY problem but if that were truly the cause, skinny people wouldn't have any problems. Granted, I'm sure extra weight doesn't help some of them, but that's different than being the cause of it.
6 years

The worst thing about being obese is that nothing is designed for us. Cinema and plane seats are too small. In restaurants the space between tables is too small. 1 in 5 adults are obese and 3% of us are morbidly obese but thin people design everything with themselves in mind.
6 years

Stairs are the worst. The world should be filled with bungalows and escalators!
6 years

My ex was too fat to give me road head. :-(
6 years

PizzaQueen:
Where to begin? Everything above and more. Like putting on socks and shoes because my belly got in my way, not fitting in a seat in plane or restaurants, crushing people sitting next to me, trying to buy new pants, that is a pain and I don't mention the underwear and bras who are designed for skinny people. Even toilet seats are to small sometimes.

AMEN! Sweating is bad. Toilet seats and stalls is something that never crossed my mind when I was smaller. My shoes are slide-ons now also. I would love escalators everywhere!
6 years

claude38:
feed me and i will be able to answer you....lol

Yes please
6 years

projectpolemics:

She told me her dream job would be to start a super-sized women's fashion line, and employ truly gigantic young ladies to model what her clothes would actually look like for the people who would wear them.
And fat people need to know they can be glamorous too!

I've had a similar dream - so to speak. Making clothes specifically for larger girls and women, of all ages, including kids. The biggest problem I see in the modeling is the fact that two people of the same larger weight, can have completely different body shapes. Skinny girls are all pretty much the same but the larger one gets, the more unique their body becomes. Take three girls, all 5'4, all weighing 350 and one may be bottom heavy, one top heavy and one pretty even. One could have one big belly, one could have two belly rolls and one could have 3 belly rolls. Not to mention boobs and butts and thighs and arms and every other body part. It's almost like you'd need multiple models but I guess having at least ONE model of the right size would be better than it is now.
6 years
123   loading