forum  weightgain

gaining, then losing3 weeks

I want to try become obese, but at the same time, I don't want to be obese all off my life. I do have a real interest in getting a big soft belly, but only temporarily, like for a few months or a year at most (I'm not including the time it takes to get there). Is there anyone here that has become over 300 pounds, but was able to get back down to the their original weight? I know I can't be the only person here who wants to do this

I wouldn't count on being able to lose. You might, but there is a better chance that you will lose the weight and regain it without trying to. I have heard that you can only shrink fat cells, not reduce the number of them. So that the fat cells will always try to be normal size. There are other treads about this. One is titled something like fat can be permanent.

I wouldn't gain anything that you don't plan on keeping. Being thin is temporary, being fat is inevitable and permanent. Even small gains are hard to get rid of. I don't know anyone nor have I heard of anyone who was 300 pounds and then went back to thin for any length of time. Plus your skin gets stretched out and never looks right after a large weight loss. You should think of gaining as something permanent which for a lot of us is part of the appeal.

I gained only 45 pounds and haven't been able to shed it. I'm significantly hungrier than I used to be, working out is harder, and there is always a part of me that loves the fat. It's hard enough to lose if you 100% want to; once you realize how much fun being fat is, you'll find the willpower to lose weight diminish considerably.

Darn, that is disappointing. I was hoping that after seeing several magazine articles featuring large woman who lost a lot of weight, and kept it off, that it would be possible, especially since I didn't have the disadvantage of growing up fat. Maybe I will just leave things to chance, and if I don't actively seek out a feeder, but end up dating one by chance, then I could give in. Or maybe I could start a new trend where I gain a lot, then lose a lot, like some sort of cycle. Once every few years, I could decide to try my hardest to lose, and keep it off as long as possible, and then give in and gain again. I think I look nice the way I am, and if I get fat, but ugly (not saying fat is ugly), then I would be extremely disappointed. But also really want to have the full fat experience with jiggling everything and overeating. Why does life have to have so many hard decisions?

In the long run fat will definetely be permanent. And you will get fatter every time you gain it all back. Untill you reach the point of no return and can't loose the weight even if you want to. So if you don't want to become a fatty forever just keep your discipline and don't gain any weight !

Alright, I am definitely hearing what you guys saying, but I also feel like I need to experience what it is like to be a bbw. I am going to throw out one last plan, and if it sounds silly, I am going to stop thinking about being a bbw (for now). Would it help if I only overate healthy foods? It would not be the most fun way to be fat, but if I managed to do it, then would I have an easier time losing weight since I wouldn't have developed an addiction to junk foods? Also would trying for small goals help? Like for example, gaining 20 pounds, and if I don't notice much change, then go for another 20, and so on until I notice some changes, and then I could make a determination to go all the way or stop. This plan would require a lot of willpower, and I know that there would be loose skin if I lose weight, but I genuinely want to try being fat, as I feel that some women look really good as bbws. While I am not sure about if I would want to stay a bbw forever, I also feel like if I don't try it, I might miss out on something, like what if I discover that I do want to be a bbw forever. I want to get a taste of what it is like, but also to have the option to back out if it doesn't work, even if there are some consequences.

smalltobigtosmall:
Would it help if I only overate healthy foods? It would not be the most fun way to be fat, but if I managed to do it, then would I have an easier time losing weight since I wouldn't have developed an addiction to junk foods?

My opinion is what you eat has no bearing on how easily you gain or lose. Overeating is overeating. I am not a junk food junkie, and I can get fat with the best of 'em. I have always gotten fat on "real" food.

Also another thing to remember the more times you gain and lose weight and gain again your gain and Fat will take on new shape. Meaning your Fat will be softer and sag more and for my liking seem like it needs to be pumped up if you will.

My wife has gained and lost many times over the years....albeit 15 Lbs. here 20 lbs there at the most was like 40-50+ Lbs. Every time she regains it slightly changes to softer fat, wider on her figure until she gains more where it fills up a bit if you will and produces larger gains. Not to mention there is much more cellulite and an overall less tight skin look which is fine with me because it shows maturity in her gaining as far as I am concerned.

So, as far as you gaining up to 300 Lbs. and losing it.....why not it may change your whole feeling and you decide to keep the extra weight.

What I meant in my last post was that I would give up the idea of having a cycle of gaining and losing, and rather I would do it once, but gradually to prevent a complete loss of control over weight gain, and then I would decide to either stay at that level of fat, gain more, or go back to as close to my original body weight as possible. I should have clarified that.
1 page 1 of 2   loading