forum  general

is this a homoerotic fetish?5 months

I ask because there are men seemingly licking their lips toward me, and all of the ladies I find attractive turn out to be lesbians. It's not always the case, but it seems like it most of the time.

I'm straight, and don't know what's going on here. Maybe I'm in the wrong fetish.

Not necessarily. I think it might be a combination of confirmation bias and a larger gay/lesbain community in most fetish circles. This is totally anecdotal on my part, but I think people who frequent fetish websites are usually open and accepting enough about their sexuality that they're more likely to admit to themselves if they have homosexual desires then the general public, leading to a higher percentage of LGBT representation.

Maybe that's incorrect and I'm totally off-base, that's just my guess.

embsmu:
Not necessarily. I think it might be a combination of confirmation bias and a larger gay/lesbain community in most fetish circles. This is totally anecdotal on my part, but I think people who frequent fetish websites are usually open and accepting enough about their sexuality that they're more likely to admit to themselves if they have homosexual desires then the general public, leading to a higher percentage of LGBT representation.

Yeah, I've noticed that too, and have had a similar sneaking suspicion myself. It may also be that people with fetishes are just less picky about the sex of their partner, since they can get off on tertiary sexual stimuli, rather than relying exclusively on their partner

TendraelUmbra:

Yeah, I've noticed that too, and have had a similar sneaking suspicion myself. It may also be that people with fetishes are just less picky about the sex of their partner, since they can get off on tertiary sexual stimuli, rather than relying exclusively on their partner

Interesting take on it... certainly as I've opened up to a wider range of sexual ideas and interests over the last 20 years, this has been the case... but I don't see it necessarily as a "tertiary" stimuli taking over, but maybe an appreciation for a broader pallet of colours on the canvas. smiley

giantjay:
Interesting take on it... certainly as I've opened up to a wider range of sexual ideas and interests over the last 20 years, this has been the case... but I don't see it necessarily as a "tertiary" stimuli taking over, but maybe an appreciation for a broader pallet of colours on the canvas. smiley

I mean, the broader the spectrum of the stuff that appeals to you, the less you're bothered by a few things that don't appeal.

embsmu:

I think you're on point there. Identification with a fetish to the point of engagement takes a lot of self realization, a lot of self reflection and questions about your identity at large.

Some people find a lot of things when they engage in this process. Others, only a few things or one.

Either way, the fetish community is generally open to differing sexualities and identities. And cross-fetishism is a common thing two, where people are into multiple fetishes.

A basic rule is that the communities are open and welcoming to all these things, so we'll find that the 'average' or the percentage incidence of certain fetishes or sexualities are a lot higher here than in the general population as a whole.

creo que no es eso, es que hay como un machismo que piensan que solamente los hombre puedes engordar y si ellos engordan son gay quieren que lo violen, aunque hay muchos que no piensan asi la gran mayoría es asi
pero relajate en este foro hay de todo