forum  general

desire to gain 150 pounds but worried about diabetes4 months

Hi All!!

I'm currently trying to gain 150 pounds but have recently become scared bc of some advice given to me by friends and family.

Does anyone on here have heart disease, diabetes, or cancer? Can I safely gain 150 pounds without worrying about adverse problems?

My bf and I plan to gain the weight together. He says that we will still pretty much have the same life at 300 pounds. Currently I do most of the housework and I love working out at the gym and running. Will my life change at all?

I'm super excited to become obese bc my bf says we will have great sex afterwards.

Eat actual food (watch the damn msg and carbs), exercise, and get regular checkups at the doc. The only way you'll be sure if you're ok or not.

Good luck smiley

Theres no way of knowing for sure, but your chances of developing health problems are very likely to increase. Some people are healthy at any weight, others can develop concerns for being slightly overweight. You can reduce your potential heath problems by HOW you gain the weight. Eating McDonalds three times a day will pack on the fat, but also the cholesterol.

I'd say your best bet is to look at the health problems of older family members, especially overweight ones. That'll probably give you an idea of what to watch out for.

Also, note that a dramatic weight gain like that will likely be permanent, so make sure you aren't doing it JUST for your boyfriend.

embsmu:
Theres no way of knowing for sure, but your chances of developing health problems are very likely to increase. Some people are healthy at any weight, others can develop concerns for being slightly overweight. You can reduce your potential heath problems by HOW you gain the weight. Eating McDonalds three times a day will pack on the fat, but also the cholesterol.

I'd say your best bet is to look at the health problems of older family members, especially overweight ones. That'll probably give you an idea of what to watch out for.

Also, note that a dramatic weight gain like that will likely be permanent, so make sure you aren't doing it JUST for your boyfriend.

I have to disagree on one thing you said. Mc donalds won't necessarily pack on the weight. The food doesn't contain that many calories. A full roast dinner or a pizza most likely contain twice as many calories.
The problem with fast food is that they're packed with msg and sugar. Addictive stuff that is literal poison. They WILL give you health problems.
Cholesterol is actually very good for your body. It transports many important things through your blood and protects your blood vessels. Carbs however damage your arteries. And when arteries get damages, cholesterol needs to come in to repair the damage like a bandaid, That's how you get blood cloths and heart problems.

Just minimize the carbs and up the fat, protein and veggies/fruit.
Trust me, I don't speak unless I know what I'm talking about. I want happy and healthy piggies, mkay smiley

Kalala:
Hi All!!

I'm currently trying to gain 150 pounds but have recently become scared bc of some advice given to me by friends and family.

Does anyone on here have heart disease, diabetes, or cancer? Can I safely gain 150 pounds without worrying about adverse problems?

My bf and I plan to gain the weight together. He says that we will still pretty much have the same life at 300 pounds. Currently I do most of the housework and I love working out at the gym and running. Will my life change at all?

I'm super excited to become obese bc my bf says we will have great sex afterwards.

If you're doubling your weight up by 150, there will be life changes. The gym and running won't be your friends anymore, but that's part of being out of shape.

Rayne is on the right general health advice track as far as I know. That said, everyone differs. You could develop health complications at 200, or not until 500, or not at all. You don't know, until you gain, what will happen. Be prepared for that.

Also, although sex might be better from a fetish perspective, remember you'll be heavier. Harder to move around, less flexible, tired easier.

I'm not trying to turn you off gaining - we're all for it here. But it does sound like you're quite new to the scene. Look around the forums and chat for advice and guidance.

embsmu:

Rayne:
I have to disagree on one thing you said. Mc donalds won't necessarily pack on the weight. The food doesn't contain that many calories. A full roast dinner or a pizza most likely contain twice as many calories.
The problem with fast food is that they're packed with msg and sugar. Addictive stuff that is literal poison. They WILL give you health problems.
Cholesterol is actually very good for your body. It transports many important things through your blood and protects your blood vessels. Carbs however damage your arteries. And when arteries get damages, cholesterol needs to come in to repair the damage like a bandaid, That's how you get blood cloths and heart problems.

Trust me, I don't speak unless I know what I'm talking about. I want happy and healthy piggies, mkay smiley

Thanks Farmer Rayne. smiley You helped OP and also me; I'll definitely be taking your advice!

embsmu:

Rayne:

embsmu:
Thanks Farmer Rayne. smiley You helped OP and also me; I'll definitely be taking your advice!

You're VERY welcome, piggy smiley Also forgot to say that your last note was a very good one. Do it for yourself, not for someone else. smiley

embsmu:

Rayne:

On this note a good way I've found to add poundage is to just eat peanut butter, and higher portions. Peanut butter is low in sugar, cholesterol and carbs. And you should be able to also get away with having that extra slice of pizza too.

embsmu:

Rayne:

On this note a good way I've found to add poundage is to just eat peanut butter, and higher portions. Peanut butter is low in sugar, cholesterol and carbs. And you should be able to also get away with having that extra slice of pizza too.

embsmu:

Rayne:

1 page 1 of 2   loading