forum  weightgain

weight gain with sugary drinks?3 months

I've wanted to be a gainer for quite a while, and I am even supposed to gain weight for medical reasons at the time being, but I have never had much luck due to having trouble with food. For me, it is the fat that draws me to feedism, but it's difficult getting fat when you don't like to eat a whole lot! So I haven't had much luck.

However, I think I may have found my solution: sugary beverages! In the past I haven't really had much soda because I didn't care for the taste, but I have finally found one I like quite a lot, cream soda. I have read that having just one can of soda every day can add 15 pounds in a year, and I am assuming that since my caloric intake is already a bit low it might work even better for me. I am going to be trying to drink at least one bottle of soda every day in addition to my usual food and drink, hopefully this will help me put on some pounds.

In addition I have found that if you get a lot of extra syrup in your coffee at Starbucks, it can really add up calorie wise... One pump of their white mocha syrup has 60 calories, and one large latte with no syrup has 240 calories. If you do not mind a very sweet drink, you can easily get a coffee with over 1200 calories in it! These lattes are too expensive for me to get every day like the soda, but I think they will be a great supplement for my gain every now and then when I have some extra money on hand.

I have also heard that soda can stimulate one's appetite, is this true? I seem to be feeling its effects in that regard already, but I am unsure if it is just the placebo effect.

My current weight is 106 pounds, which is quite low but actually a bit of an increase from a couple years ago, I have kept my old clothes and although I'm far from fat yet, having to try hard to fit into them is just about the hottest thing ever, especially old size 00 jeans. I'm size 5 now but I still try to squeeze into those 00s now and then. I will not be satisfied until I am at least 175 but I would love to become much heavier than that if possible, 250 or more. I would loooovvvee to gain a huge amount. If I can finally manage to start gaining, hopefully I will spiral out of control like some stories I have heard and get really fat...

Has anyone else tried using beverages as a main or at least significant source of fattening? Do you have success stories, or recommended fattening drinks? I would also love to hear if soda really does stimulate your appetite, as well as any words of encouragement 😉

I have my limits wheen it comes to food intake, so I do drink a lot of my calories.

Fruit juices, like apple and orange, are surprisingly calorie heavy, almost as much as soda.

Beer is also great, and one or two every night or two can help a lot.

Substitution for a higher fat milk also works. 18% table cream is usually palatable, and is loaded with fat. A glass of that every night really helps.

You can also go crazy (the right type of crazy) and make a cake shake. There are recipes all over the forums, but I mix 18% cream, vanilla cake mix powder, and Nutella in a blender. Makes a great homemade chocolate shake, which also rates at about 2000cal.

Goldblubber:
I have my limits wheen it comes to food intake, so I do drink a lot of my calories.

Fruit juices, like apple and orange, are surprisingly calorie heavy, almost as much as soda.

Beer is also great, and one or two every night or two can help a lot.

Substitution for a higher fat milk also works. 18% table cream is usually palatable, and is loaded with fat. A glass of that every night really helps.

You can also go crazy (the right type of crazy) and make a cake shake. There are recipes all over the forums, but I mix 18% cream, vanilla cake mix powder, and Nutella in a blender. Makes a great homemade chocolate shake, which also rates at about 2000cal.

Thank you for your reply! I do drink some fruit juice, but had not realized how calorie heavy it was, I will try to drink more of it now! These are great tips, I will see how many of them I can incorporate into my "experiment" here ☺️

Update: my scale broke a bit ago (unfortunately not due to my weight lol, but due to it being at least twelve years old) and so I have not been able to weigh myself, but I have been drinking a soda every day except for days when I am able to afford to buy a coffee. The coffees I buy are about 1300 calories, and so sweet that I physically can't drink a soda after them or I get sick which defeats the purpose of drinking either of them 😭 some days I have managed to have two sodas, as well, and I am trying to eat a bit more and drink more fruit juice when not drinking sodas and coffee. I do feel slightly heavier but it is hard to know for sure without weighing, I will continue doing what I've been doing and increasing calories more if/when I can I will be sure to update when I get a new scale!

Keep up the gains man. Though you might want to re-think how you put on weight though; being so reliant on sugar for weight gain is a bad idea, it's the largest contributor to type 2 diabetes. Balancing it out with a high fat/carb diet would be a much better way to go.

Sugar intake leads to increased appetite, so you could drink your soda/coffee and the high-fat food will be much easier to put down

fourtonmantis:
Keep up the gains man. Though you might want to re-think how you put on weight though; being so reliant on sugar for weight gain is a bad idea, it's the largest contributor to type 2 diabetes. Balancing it out with a high fat/carb diet would be a much better way to go.

Sugar intake leads to increased appetite, so you could drink your soda/coffee and the high-fat food will be much easier to put down

Thank you! Unfortunately a lot of foods are quite difficult for me to eat, which is why I have decided to fall back on beverages. However I have been trying to eat a lot of bread, which is one of few things I can eat a lot of in one setting, lately, so at least I have the carbs!

I agree with not relying exclusively on sugar, but you can do both. It's very possible that as you gain your appetite for "real" food will go up anyway. No one's said anything about 360-420 pounds yet; you can try to gain a few dozen via sugary drinks and then go from there.