Gaining

"over the hump"

Many feedees report being very conflicted about gaining when they start out.

But after they gain some indeterminate amount--after they "get over the hump"--their doubts about gaining go away.

Reasons can be:

They enjoy it more than they thought.

Whatever they feared about it turns out not to be (much of) a problem.

They realize how hard it would be to change their minds and go back to being thing and so just accept it.

Have you had this experience? How much did you have to gain before you were over the hump? Was it a sudden epiphany or a gradual thing?

If you have any details to share, feel free.
6 years

"over the hump"

AskDrFeeder:
Many feedees report being very conflicted about gaining when they start out.

But after they gain some indeterminate amount--after they "get over the hump"--their doubts about gaining go away.

Reasons can be:

They enjoy it more than they thought.

Whatever they feared about it turns out not to be (much of) a problem.

They realize how hard it would be to change their minds and go back to being thing and so just accept it.

Have you had this experience? How much did you have to gain before you were over the hump? Was it a sudden epiphany or a gradual thing?

If you have any details to share, feel free.

This is me exactly. I was a gymrat; I still love weightlifting but I've gotten lazy. I was a runner long ago. I finished the 1998 Marine Corps Marathon. I was a mountain biker. I still like to walk and should get back to it if for no reason other than health. I was never without more than a little pudge, but I was in shape, and looked it.

Then things changed. Non-gym related injuries and surgeries sidelined all that. I began to get frustrated that I was never going to have the superhero body Of Chris Hemsworth, Hugh Jackman or others. That would be ok except that I got sick 'n tired of dieting: logging food, calculating macros and calories. Absent that I can easily get fat.

I fattened up to 230 (I'm 5' 5"smiley, then I went on Weight Watchers, went down to 190, and looked like hell. I started gaining again because I slacked off the gym.

About 2 years ago I started playing with the idea of getting fatter. Fat guys always turned me on and still do. On one hand I wanted to be like them, on the other hand letting myself go deliberately was terra incognita. I wavered, wondering how gaining weight was going to be received by people. So far my fears have been unfounded. A lot of people I work with have gained weight over the years. A few family members have made comments over the years about my weight fluctuations, so this will be no different.

I'm stalled at about 217, fluctuating up and down a few pounds. I'd love to get to about 265, and get my belly up to 52-54". For as (personally) fatphobic as I used to be I really like gaining and getting fatter.
6 years

"over the hump"

If someone is 130 and they think about getting to 300, it's frightening. But if you do it 10 or 20 pounds at a time, it's just a few more pounds.
6 years