Submission and domination

I'm a "feminist", buuuut....

FatTransPig:
This is soooooooooo me too. It fucks with me so much to be super staunchly feminist, but also crave that breaking. *sigh*

If I can offer my perspective, I don't think they're necessarily incompatible. Feminism enables you to fulfill that craving out of your own free will with the man you choose to do it with, instead of having it forced on you as a lifestyle by men you don't want to do that with.

You certainly wouldn't be the first feminist who craves domination by a man of her choosing. :-P
6 years

FatTransPig:
This is soooooooooo me too. It fucks with me so much to be super staunchly feminist, but also crave that breaking. *sigh*

DominantMaleFA:
If I can offer my perspective, I don't think they're necessarily incompatible. Feminism enables you to fulfill that craving out of your own free will with the man you choose to do it with, instead of having it forced on you as a lifestyle by men you don't want to do that with.

You certainly wouldn't be the first feminist who craves domination by a man of her choosing. :-P

FatTransPig:
I totally agree with You and yet there is that side of me that still recoils when I engage in that type of play or relationship.

In the same way, I feel guilty for loving people to *consensually* call me slurs for being trans that I fight against every day.

It's just a really weird dynamic.

But you could also say that it's misogynist to think a woman should like (x) sexually, so really by shying away from our desires, we're reinforcing that there is a right or wrong way to be a woman. Which obvs is fucked.

It sucks sometimes to have a kinky *and* philosophical mind. LoL

Yeah I think you nailed it here. Embracing your desires is quite the feminist thing to do, I think.
6 years

This sort of thing is also a fantasy of mine, and I'm also a very feminist gal.

I find it helps not to think about the "morality" of your fetishes too much unless it's something you're planning to actually act out. At best, it can make your fantasies uncomfortable and lead to a lot of repression. At worst, it could lead to compromising your own morals to relieve the cognitive dissonance ("gee, I guess [awful thing] isn't really so bad after all..."smiley.

I hope this helps anyone.
6 years

FatTransPig:

DominantMaleFA:

Absolutely

The best thing about humans is cognitive dissonance. It is what allows real choice, as well as the semblance of sacrifice.

The dichotomy of the body and the mind is one of the most illustrative I’ve ever encountered, and it is the combination of the two that makes us us.

Being enslaved makes you crave freedom, but freedom is its own kind of slavery, a slave to your own will, and to the necessity of making your own choices, shouldering the burdens of responsibility and blame that go with them. If sex is about power, and power is about freedom, and both are paradoxical, then it seems somewhat inevitable that the way in which you crave release is the way in which you most need it.
6 years