forum  lifestyle tips

how long do you save clothes that don't fit?3 months

Whether you donate them to a thrift store, to a friend, or throw them out, how long after they stop fitting do you keep your clothes deemed too small? It's certainly worth keeping them for a while, but for how long?

Well for me, I have never been able to fit into any clothes that used to fit. I sometimes have worn clothes that really don't fit anymore out of denial I guess. I still have clothes that are nowhere close to fitting, I guess you.just gave me an idea that some things need to go to charity.

Much longer than I should! I always think, "oh, I'll get around to losing 30 lbs and that will fit again" but I never do. In fact, just yesterday tried on a skirt that I haven't worn in four years... was bursting out of it seven ways to Sunday! I took pics but not brave enough yet to post them because I look huge and I'm still wrapping my brain around that being an okay/good thing 😇

Marina:
Much longer than I should! I always think, "oh, I'll get around to losing 30 lbs and that will fit again" but I never do. In fact, just yesterday tried on a skirt that I haven't worn in four years... was bursting out of it seven ways to Sunday! I took pics but not brave enough yet to post them because I look huge and I'm still wrapping my brain around that being an okay/good thing 😇

I know I'm one of many who look forward to seeing those pics.

And I definitely need to clean out my own closet. I've got clothes I'll never fit in again even if I stopped trying to gain. (Just being realistic). smiley

I have no expectation that I'll ever fit into my old clothes again, but I hold on to a few, so as long as I can just still squeeze my fattening gut into them for comparison with the skinny man I used to be....

In the past, some were kept longer because my parents believed 'I might lose the weight' (oh dear).

For now at least it's when I need the space/have the time.

Marina:

I do the exact same thing!!! I will always hold on to clothes I like for years with the intention of them being my "goal" clothes. It never happens haha.

I've had partners in the past that asked me to put on the clothes that don't fit me anymore.

I still keep some that I can put on (barely), but the stuff that doesn't - donate.

I think in the non-feedee world, people keep their small clothes forever because they are "going to lose weight," but when they lose weight they throw their large clothes away immediately.

Marina:

Its an amazing thing. Clothes look best right at the point of bursting! We cant wait to see the results of 4 years.
1 page 1 of 2   loading