forum  weightgain

250 lbs not fat enough3 months

It wasn't very long ago that I was having a hard time getting to and staying over 230 pounds. Those days are officially over and now I"m a pound shy of 250 lbs. I never thought that I would have gotten this big when I started. But the funny thing is that now that I'm there I don't feel as fat as I thought I would.

But I have learned a few things so far.
1. When you reach a certain point loosing is extremely hard and gaining takes no effort at all.

2. You don't really notice your fat as much as you thought you would which often lends the way to growing even bigger without really paying attention to it.

3. A ten pound gain only makes a big difference when you are thinner. A ten pound loss doesn't matter much either because you still have plenty left. If anything the loss just makes you softer and more jiggly.

The only obvious difference for me is that it's harder to get up off the floor and my old clothes and my two watches no longer fit me.

There's guys on here 20 or more pounds lighter than me and they look fatter. I'll most likely have to get to 300 to be satisfied.

Just some gainer observations at my nearly 250 pound point in the fattening process.

Man, I feel the same way. I'm right around 250 and I sort of feel fat, but not really. I look at some of the other men on here who are that weight or lower and many of them look way fatter than I am. Granted, I'm 6'4", so that is a factor.

I'm still at a point where I'm coming to terms with being overweight. Part of me wants to get really fat, but I'm still on the fence about it.

I know what you mean. Having gained from 187-234 I really don't notice much has changed significantly. Pant sizes have gone up two sizes and body weight exercises are a bit harder, but otherwise my gain is invisible under clothing.

It can be a bit frustrating at times because like you, I would have to put on a significant amount of weight (90+ pounds) for the flab to be noticeable, hell I don't even have any real jiggly bits yet.

It would be nice to be able to gain 10 pounds and have that weight look significant, but I suppose that the subtly of our gaining is the burden and blessing of being over six foot.

Cascadianjiggle:
I know what you mean. Having gained from 187-234 I really don't notice much has changed significantly. Pant sizes have gone up two sizes and body weight exercises are a bit harder, but otherwise my gain is invisible under clothing.

It can be a bit frustrating at times because like you, I would have to put on a significant amount of weight (90+ pounds) for the flab to be noticeable, hell I don't even have any real jiggly bits yet.

It would be nice to be able to gain 10 pounds and have that weight look significant, but I suppose that the subtly of our gaining is the burden and blessing of being over six foot.

You mentioned being over 6 foot tall, I'm actually about 5 foot 9 inches tall. I've always had a muscular build and I worked out for over year about 10 years ago and that gives me a heavy foundation to start with so I lack the body fat ratio of those other guys that we just mentioned at the same weight. And I'm bottom heavy so my rear end and thighs are covered in stretch marks and my upper body is still catching up.

I could easily handle another 50 pounds. You might want to consider gaining another 75 since you are over 6 foot.

Expatbhm:
Man, I feel the same way. I'm right around 250 and I sort of feel fat, but not really. I look at some of the other men on here who are that weight or lower and many of them look way fatter than I am. Granted, I'm 6'4", so that is a factor.

I'm still at a point where I'm coming to terms with being overweight. Part of me wants to get really fat, but I'm still on the fence about it.

Fence sitting is never that much fun. i'm trying to find employment right now so I'm stalling for a bit and taking it slow. If it wasn't for that I would be gaining 10 pounds a month so I could see some real progress. Waiting to do what you want is frustrating.

Expatbhm:

chubbynate:
Fence sitting is never that much fun. i'm trying to find employment right now so I'm stalling for a bit and taking it slow. If it wasn't for that I would be gaining 10 pounds a month so I could see some real progress. Waiting to do what you want is frustrating.

I haven't gotten to the point that I'm actively trying to gain weight, although when I am feeling my kinkiest, I'll sometimes pad and/or stuff myself. Right now, I'm just letting my body do what it's going to do. Being over 6 foot, I know I'm going to need to gain at least 50-75 pounds before I go from beer belly to fat.

Yea....I think this is so true....you always visualize being so much bigger than you actually feel when you hit numbers that you never thought you would get to.

I can relate to you guys on this one. Was a working out muscular guy years ago. It took me years to get some serious chub to jiggle. So you guys are right, being 6 ft plus demands more than 250 to feel as fat as you probably want to. However I also think our minds fool us when we look at ourselves growing bigger. For years I didn't see myself as fat, while my scales told me otherwise. That changed once I grew over 300 lbs. Instead of just the extra layer of chub my lower belly all of the sudden ballooned big time and I developped moobs, fat hips, thighs and a big butt. And I didn't have to work as hard as before to keep on gaining, it all comes natural now. However it might serve you well to not gain it all at once. Don't be afraid to loose some weight every now and then, you will regain it easier as you get heavier anyway and it gives you a good opportunity to train your muscles so your body can keep up with your gains. Besides, every time you loose 25 pounds they'll come back softer once you regain them. To make a long story short : you guys will get there, just never give up and become discouraged. In the long run we will all be as fat as we want to be !

Oliver Hardy:
I can relate to you guys on this one. Was a working out muscular guy years ago. It took me years to get some serious chub to jiggle. So you guys are right, being 6 ft plus demands more than 250 to feel as fat as you probably want to. However I also think our minds fool us when we look at ourselves growing bigger. For years I didn't see myself as fat, while my scales told me otherwise. That changed once I grew over 300 lbs. Instead of just the extra layer of chub my lower belly all of the sudden ballooned big time and I developped moobs, fat hips, thighs and a big butt. And I didn't have to work as hard as before to keep on gaining, it all comes natural now. However it might serve you well to not gain it all at once. Don't be afraid to loose some weight every now and then, you will regain it easier as you get heavier anyway and it gives you a good opportunity to train your muscles so your body can keep up with your gains. Besides, every time you loose 25 pounds they'll come back softer once you regain them. To make a long story short : you guys will get there, just never give up and become discouraged. In the long run we will all be as fat as we want to be !

Could not agree more. I had the same experience. I was stuck in the 240 to 245 range for a long time. But then got a new job with a lot of business breakfasts and lunches and suddenly a year later, I hit 265. Then it was a slow and steady march upward to 305 lbs. I too did not feel really fat until I was around 275 to 280 and longed to be even fatter. I have slimmed down to around 280 and find it extremely difficult now to drop below that number under any circumstances. Not that I would really want to because love to eat and have discovered I love being fat!

I'm up to 305 or so and I'm still not fat enough.
1 page 1 of 2   loading