Gaining

Help me pile on the pounds

Kaioken93:
Contrary to popular belief, don't waste your time on fatty foods, it actually helps you loose weight, it's called ketogenics. If you really want to pack on the pounds fast, make your primary intake all carbs. Carbs are turned into fat when not used, eating fat is burned, you can't store fat you eat. So high carbs it is! Pastas, bread, etc. Sugars as well from anything. Also, foods high in sodium will make your waste line explode, as it makes you retain water. Hope this helps!! Good luck!

Sorry to pick fault here, as you're clearly trying to help, but you've misunderstood a couple of things:

Firstly, yes, high fat diets can be ketogenic, but only if your carbohydrate intake is very low (20-50 calories maximum per day, depending upon the individual). This is actually a very difficult thing to unintentionally achieve and sustain. It's extremely unlikely that adding fat to a person's diet is going to see them experience a significant reduction in calories from carbohydrates.

In fact, with fats being the most calorie dense macronutrient available (9 kcal per gram, whereas protein and carbohydrate are 4 kcal per gram), they can play a significant role in weight gain. The important thing is to eat them alongside carbs. Carbohydrates play two roles in weight gain: They contain calories, but importantly, in order to maintain consistent blood sugar, they produce an insulin spike causing the body to store the calories, irrespective of their origin, in fat cells.

You only have to read the boards here to see that fats, especially in dairy products such as heavy cream, are very effective in promoting weight gain. The important thing is to use them alongside carbohydrates.

I'd also caution against giving advice that might lead someone to suffer water retention.
6 years

Help me pile on the pounds

Thanks for posting EvilFeeder, always glad to learn.
6 years