forum  general

defiant eater3 months

If someone suggests or gives little hints about weight loss I end up thinking the opposite. The last time a doctor gave me a menu plan I went out to eat right after the appointment and ate forbidden foods and calories.

Does anyone else feel the need to disobey?

defiant eater3 months

PinkyDear:
If someone suggests or gives little hints about weight loss I end up thinking the opposite. The last time a doctor gave me a menu plan I went out to eat right after the appointment and ate forbidden foods and calories.

I would do the exact same!!! But I often do, guess that's the rebel inside of me.

defiant eater3 months

for me I'll just eat whatever I want to eat for the most part. Nobody knows much of anything in reality people live and die every day at many different ages and many different sizes and they died in many different ways. Disease is no respecter of persons if it were conclusive that everybody who was fat was going to die early then you would never see any older fat people what you see plenty of. A relative of mine is 80 years old 400 lb and has been diabetic for decades and uses insulin to treat her diabetes. It's just advice that doctors give is based on what they're taught some experience but really what is conclusive?

defiant eater3 months

PinkyDear:

I think a lot of us have this same reaction.

defiant eater3 months

PinkyDear:

That's pretty self destructive- doing something

harmful just because someone told you not to.

I'm not much of a follower but I'm not going to mindlessly rebel, especially against my self interest. Kind of like a friend who quit wearing his seat belt because they passed a law that you had to. Same guy used to jump on me about wearing a seat belt on a tractor if I was anywhere near a ditch. And he made his son buckle up religiously ( he still wears his seat belt if there are children in the car.)

For Hector- dude if you only knew how many meeting I eat in... As long as there are no directors or VPs there, if it's lunch time, I'm eating.

defiant eater3 months

I don't think it is necessarily about the food. Some people just have a slightly rebellious nature and don't like being told what others think they should do with their lives. Some might not eat if they were told to eat more. Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

defiant eater3 months

My wife is definitely like that!
Authority figures talking about her weight seems to make her happy in a cheeky way.

Recently she went to the doctor.
Her cardio is so good it's kinda uncanny, but she IS so big that Japanese doctors aren't really sure what to do with her all the time. They told her she was in perfect health but she ought to lose weight anyway "just because". No surprise there, that's a pretty standard line. They were nice and well-intentioned, and she understands that as the fattest person wherever she goes most times, other Japanese people assume she's unhappy with her body and it's not really something to resent them for.

But they tried to convince her by saying, "your belly must be getting uncomfortably heavy..."
This really amused her.

They then told her she really needs to eat less and control her portions and cravings.
Thing is, she's got a real tiny appetite, doesn't like junk food, and really doesn't get any time to eat on her meal breaks.

So she giggled and told me from now on she needs to take more time off for lunch and make sure her belly's always full.
^______^