forum  weightgain

psychological disorder?!3 months

Has anyone ever thought that getting off on eating and gaining weight might be some sort of psychological disorder? Are we all just sick?!

winkwink:
Has anyone ever thought that getting off on eating and gaining weight might be some sort of psychological disorder? Are we all just sick?!

It's not. We live in a time where everyone need to fit in a box. Society makes boxes. There was a time when people got fat and eating a lot was a sign of being rich and healthy. People were literally jealous when they saw a fat man. Why would that be psychological disorder?

We just got on the wrong side of today's fashion. But fashion is stupid in itself, isn't it?)

As far as I can determine, psychologists consider feedism a "paraphilia" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_paraphilias), not a mental illness. Of course they often disagree about what is and what isn't a mental illness (e.g. homosexuality was once considered an illness).

I'm not a psychologist but it seems to me there's a clear evolutionary explanation for feedism:

Traditional societies often had/have periodic food shortages. Some of these societies developed the custom of gorging themselves during times of plenty to gain enough fat to get through the lean times. In such a society, feedism would be adaptive, since it would help encourage people to eat enough during those times of plenty. Thus there would be evolutionary pressure for people to have feedist tendencies.

Depending on your particular ancestry, you may or may not inherit this tendency and if so it may or may not be triggered by your own particular environment. So some people are feedists and some aren't.

So I wouldn't call this a sickness. You could call it an "atavism" since modern societies don't have periodic food shortages. Nowadays food is shipped and stored, which is much more practical than gaining fat.

winkwink:

Damn....just when I thought I was sort of normal with this exciting sexual arousal thing called loving Fat and weight gain.

It is kind of true....not many people would think we were totally normal especially if we let out our totally true kinks with weight gain other than diluting them down so much. For example my wife knows I like her heavier and like seeing her gain weight.....which we don't discuss all the time...but she knows and she already thinks is kind of weird .....but if I told her I would love for her to get to 300 or 350 Lbs. (gaining 100-150 Lbs.) ......she may not only think I am really weird but .....well you get the picture.

That's why this board is pretty cool to discuss our totally real feelings with regard to this interest of weight gain.

I've studied psychology and it's really not that clear cut. The DSM medical book for psychiatry keeps expanding but not everyone agrees. Maybe it will become something in the future but people will argue against it etc. It takes a lot of time for a concensus.

Even homosexuality was considered a disease not so long ago! Imagine that, people would laugh nowadays

I am replying to this because I feel it needs to be said, "It's not a psychological disorder."

To answer your question no "We are all not sick".

Here is the truth and I will tell you this as I date myself a bit I have been in and around this "Feedee & Feederism " arena for over 23 years. I think I have the capacity and knowledge from dating some of the top Feedees in the industry.

We all have different things we like. Just like some of us don't like sushi, some of us do.

Its a very hard conversation to have and explain to people on the outside looking in. They think its crazy and absurd because they can't see themselves in that kind of relationship or its just not appealing to them.

They all have a right to their own opinion and whether they agree or not it is what it is. Just remember this we are not sick, crazy or weird we just don't think like other people do.

If you research back to the times of the pharos, when they die, they have their best 12 servants killed along with them and put them in the tomb with the pharo so he can be taken care of in the after life. If we tried to do that today, we all know what would happen.

Also back then it was a very normal thing to have a very fat wife by your side, it showed your wealth, health and affluence. The bigger she was the more respected you were as a man, and if she was absolutely huge, you were even looked at as a God, almost. "It was the ultimate prize having such a large lady by your side."

As men and for you ladies out there that prefer very large counter parts, realize there is nothing wrong with this view and it will and should be our mission to change the way society views people as a whole.

We all like different shapes and sizes, but we as a people will and should be united and celebrated as long as we are not hurting anybody else.

Thanks for reading.

I don't necessarily understand the psychology behind wanting to get fat but I don't think it's a defect or illness.

So autonomous vehicles are going to be out there plenty in 2020 they say....so hopefully having a really Fat wife by your side will be the envy again as well.
Now if I can only talk my wife into this to gear up for 2020 and before we get there for her to tip the scales at 350 Lbs. so we will be the envy of all (Hopeful smiles)

AskDrFeeder:
As far as I can determine, psychologists consider feedism a "paraphilia" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_paraphilias), not a mental illness. Of course they often disagree about what is and what isn't a mental illness (e.g. homosexuality was once considered an illness).

I'm not a psychologist but it seems to me there's a clear evolutionary explanation for feedism:

Traditional societies often had/have periodic food shortages. Some of these societies developed the custom of gorging themselves during times of plenty to gain enough fat to get through the lean times. In such a society, feedism would be adaptive, since it would help encourage people to eat enough during those times of plenty. Thus there would be evolutionary pressure for people to have feedist tendencies.

Depending on your particular ancestry, you may or may not inherit this tendency and if so it may or may not be triggered by your own particular environment. So some people are feedists and some aren't.

So I wouldn't call this a sickness. You could call it an "atavism" since modern societies don't have periodic food shortages. Nowadays food is shipped and stored, which is much more practical than gaining fat.

Nice idea - I hadn't thought of possible origins before. (Weirdly, for someone who analyses everything).
1 page 1 of 2   loading