forum  lifestyle tips

gaining and karate3 months

KarateFatty:
I have been doing karate for a large portion of my life, but as of late I have been wanting to gain. What weight could I reach whilst still doing karate and how could I go about doing it?

I'm a black belt (1st Dan) and I think you know that what you're trying to do is pretty much impossible unless you half ass your training on the dojo.

If I were you I'd quit karate for a month or 2 to "rest" and misteriously gain 10-20 pounds to see how you like it.

KarateFatty:
Due to college I only have time to train once a week at the most, so I think I may be able to get away with at least some gaining.

In that case then it's totally doable, but I'd still cancel the fee you're paying for it in order to buy more food/supplements so you could gain faster, and come to a conclusion where you'd like to keep gaining or go back to kicking butt

KarateFatty:
What supplements would you recommend? Also I have always wanted to try to be a "fat" martial artist.

Any mass gainer really, but this bad boy right here got 1250 cals per serving (16 servings per container) it is a bit on the high end tier but any mass gainers will do.

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/store/serious-mass.html?CAWELAID=120139930000004177&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=44836771569&CATCI=pla-304766801160&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxcn86Lme1gIVmrrACh0OKAdFEAQYByABEgLEdvD_BwE

Yeah "fat" martial artist do exist, but only on the karate veteran/masters divisions 65+ years old

Alternatively you could get into heavyweight mma on the 180+ pound division