Stuffing

Buffet plates

Ateitall:
Last night I visited a Chinese buffet. Sitting down and ordering couple beers, I notice a younger couple entering the restaurant. The couple seemed to both have noticeable belly pooches. The female was wearing on of those loose, but hugging... Dresses that clung to every bulge underneath.
when she began to fill her first plate I couldn't help but notice, she filled it super full and tall... It seriously needed side boards. Then she grabbed a cup of soup and set her plate and soup on their table. I was surprised to see her immediately back at the buffet filling a second plate before she ate the first one. The man was closely doing the same.
my question is...
When hitting the buffet would you rather fill a plate, get up and fill another, then another...?
Or, fill up multiple plates to begin with and not have the need to go back each time?

chubbynate:
In my buffet experience it's best to have something at the table so the staff don't clean up your table and seat someone else in it. That happened to me one time and I always expect it now if I don't have a coat with me. So if I have no coat I like to have a full plate of food sitting while I go up for another. So yeah, 2 plates at once and I just alternate from new to old.

For some reason I feel like there's too much thought going into this, hmm?

I like to go plate in each hand each trip, so that I can alternate flavors.
If I am feeling a little bold, I will ask my server to not take away my empty plates.
6 years

Buffet plates

I do one at a time, taking multiple plates seems rude to me for some reason. Also a majority of the time I'll find people who do that end up wasting a lot.

On a sidenote I had a fun time at the chinese buffet just a couple of days ago, the waitress started laughing at my then noticeably swollen belly after 6 full plates and even gave it a few rubs.
6 years

Buffet plates

wat:
I do one at a time, taking multiple plates seems rude to me for some reason. Also a majority of the time I'll find people who do that end up wasting a lot.

On a sidenote I had a fun time at the chinese buffet just a couple of days ago, the waitress started laughing at my then noticeably swollen belly after 6 full plates and even gave it a few rubs.

I do one plate at a time...took 6 trips one time like that...could barely stand up and waddle out and too full to drive home! Lol
6 years

Buffet plates

The same in the US. Clean plate every time. The servers generally clear the used plates away which mean no one knows just how many plates I've filled unless they are watching - or they are my server LOL
6 years

Buffet plates

Yea 2 at a time, over flowing, and it's usually 3-4 trips. Plus desert. I love buffets! 😍😍
6 years