forum  lifestyle tips

how to put on weight?3 months

I'm 5'6" and 115 lbs. I have been trying for years now to put on weight and only managed to reach 125 lbs. This problem is mostly due to my small stomach (as soon as I eat more than I am used to, I end up throwing up) and the fact that when I am stressed, I can barely eat.

I'd like it if my ribcage wouldn't be as visible but any extra weight is welcome!

Thank you in advance! ^^

Try eating right before falling asleep, even just something modest like a little snack. That makes a BIG difference.

Also, do stay active.
It makes for a healthier and more sustainable weight gain journey and...
muscle is WAY denser than fat! So having a little muscle underneath the flab will make you extra heavy.

That and, it's a lot easier to gain calories than to burn them off, so you can use a little activity to work up a big appetite!

projectpolemics:
Try eating right before falling asleep, even just something modest like a little snack. That makes a BIG difference.

Also, do stay active.
It makes for a healthier and more sustainable weight gain journey and...
muscle is WAY denser than fat! So having a little muscle underneath the flab will make you extra heavy.

That and, it's a lot easier to gain calories than to burn them off, so you can use a little activity to work up a big appetite!

Thank you! I never thought of eating right before going to bed so that's definitely something I am going to try out ^^
I was actually more active lately and had a huge appetite but then school started up again and it was difficult to stay as active. Then I got sick and lost weight... But I'll keep that in mind!

I can help you gaining weight. Just message me

chubbykangaroo:

I'd love to hear some advice too! Haha

Gaining weight can be difficult and it isnt' just about eating lots of food. One study found that some one could eat 10,000 cal a day and only ever gain 10lbs

https://idmprogram.com/the-astonishing-overeating-paradox-calories-part-x/

So what you have to do is mess with you metabolism.

Eat lots for a week, but don't make yourself sick. Then the next week, eat like a bird. This will make your body think you're starving so it will hold onto food and energy, as fat, when it can. Have one big meal at the end of the day with little snacks earlier. The more random your eating is, the more you body will try and keep you safe from starvation by adding more fat to your body.

Calorie heavy food would also be needed. Whipping cream for example. Gainer shakes would probably be the best for the times you're stuffing yourself.

Suplements also help, I'm taking Maltodextrin. What it does is triggers your body to feed your cells. Usually its for after workout when your muscles are tired for building muscle, but if you take it when you're being lazy, the cal from your food will go straight to your fat cells.

I've had to use this as I hit a ceiling at 330lbs and couldn't gain anymore, but this really helped me push past!

That's what I got for now!

how to put on weight?3 weeks

chubbykangaroo:

Sorry about the long wait ! I had a lot of exams and had barely any time to spare...

fatspank:
Gaining weight can be difficult and it isnt' just about eating lots of food. One study found that some one could eat 10,000 cal a day and only ever gain 10lbs

https://idmprogram.com/the-astonishing-overeating-paradox-calories-part-x/

So what you have to do is mess with you metabolism.

Eat lots for a week, but don't make yourself sick. Then the next week, eat like a bird. This will make your body think you're starving so it will hold onto food and energy, as fat, when it can. Have one big meal at the end of the day with little snacks earlier. The more random your eating is, the more you body will try and keep you safe from starvation by adding more fat to your body.

Calorie heavy food would also be needed. Whipping cream for example. Gainer shakes would probably be the best for the times you're stuffing yourself.

Suplements also help, I'm taking Maltodextrin. What it does is triggers your body to feed your cells. Usually its for after workout when your muscles are tired for building muscle, but if you take it when you're being lazy, the cal from your food will go straight to your fat cells.

I've had to use this as I hit a ceiling at 330lbs and couldn't gain anymore, but this really helped me push past!

That's what I got for now!

Hi ! Thank you for your answer and sorry for the extremely long wait. I had a lot of exams for a while...

I will try your technique right away !

It's always best to start off slowly. The body can't handle extreme changes in diet, and will sometimes not even absorb all of the extra calories. On top of this, the body frequently speeds up the metabolism in an attempt to get rid of the calories (which can be very frustrating). This is why a lot of gainers get night sweats.

I would just try to eat a little bit more than normal, gradually increasing the amount you eat at each meal. In time, you will find that your appetite will increase but it generally takes anywhere from one to two months of consistent overeating before you get used to it. The first few months are definitely the hardest.

Liquid calories can be a lifesaver for those just starting out. You can make a healthy shake each morning with over 1k calories in it, and heavy cream milkshakes at night.

I often suggest eating normally during the day and making a small milkshake before bed, using a cup of heavy cream, 2 cups ice cream and some whole milk to thin it a bit. That's about 1500 calories, and very easy to get down. Then you don't have to worry about being overly full during the day.

Calorie-dense dairy products (yogurt, milkshake, cheese, heavy cream, heavy milk) , snacking, pastas, rice, potatoes, dried fruits (especially nuts, cluster of dates, dried grapes, ect) , pastries (cakes, doughnuts, ect) and late night snacking could help.

There exists also a few herbal and other natural remedies capable to manage you to help your gaining journey, but this is something to check up carefully before to use. Coconut oil for body care same as coconut milk like beverage could help also to stimulate your fattening.