Gaining

Getting past what others will think?

DDcupcake:
As someone who has gained roughly 50 pounds in the past year and a half, I will say that I am actually surprised by the LACK of reaction my changing body has received. I don't know if people are too embarrassed or polite to say anything, so self absorbed they haven't noticed, or simply just not concerned by by gain.

I keep thinking one of these days, someone is going to stage an intervention, but it hasn't happened yet. I do, however, have a doctor's appointment later this month, and am wondering if she'll read me the riot act.

That is pretty funny! I know what you mean....and I think it is people don't want to bring it up....I am sure you have had double takes from friends and others that know you when you were slimmer though?

I myself intentionally packed on 40+ Lbs a while back after unintentional gaining initially. I mostly did it to get a reaction from my wife....She never reacted or commented so I kept blowing myself up. I did however notice couples friends etc. that would do double takes but not any comments as well. It was crazy because I grew a gut where I looked 9 months pregnant. My wife seemed to like my new big gut even though she didn't bring it up.

I think people definitely should be able to tell your gain and are simply being PC or nice. Possibly if you get bigger yet....you may get some comments or an intervention. I too thought my wife was going to have an intervention with me ....with my huge gut sticking so far out in front of me but all she did was feed me more and more during that time.
6 years

If you want something bad enough you will do it.
Saying you are conflicted means you lack the will to do it.
Everybody seems to be conflicted these days or they make up excuses for not doing something they want to do.
There will always be people that don't approve of things you do and you can't change that but are you going to let them run your life for you?
6 years

With those breasts and all that blubber, I doubt you have to even wonder about comments and teasing fatboy. Very pretty chest ur growing.
6 years

DDcupcake:
As someone who has gained roughly 50 pounds in the past year and a half, I will say that I am actually surprised by the LACK of reaction my changing body has received. I don't know if people are too embarrassed or polite to say anything, so self absorbed they haven't noticed, or simply just not concerned by by gain.

I keep thinking one of these days, someone is going to stage an intervention, but it hasn't happened yet. I do, however, have a doctor's appointment later this month, and am wondering if she'll read me the riot act.
A. Your doctor WILL read you the riot act. B. Friends and family are doubtless either too polite or too embarrassed to mention that you've gone way past a touch overweight. It's okay, One day, in the not too distant future, they'll ask you when's your due date and you will THEN know they officially consider you FAT!!
6 years

When I first started putting on weight several of my friends commented on it. As I continued to gain weight the comments stopped, whether to spare my feelings or because they had become used to my being fat. What did surprise me was that when the topic of weight or dieting came up, people who had known me at school when I was skinny imagined that I had always had a weight problem.

My family were different. My mother, in particular, and my sisters continued to make pointed remarks about my weight and nagged me to lose it. Family members who I only saw periodically nearly always mentioned my growing size. Now that I am in a permanent relationship and my partner is also obese (not as heavy as me but we are working on it) the negative comments have stopped, although that has not stopped my mother pulling me aside and badgering me about my weight. I suppose she means well but cannot appreciate the importance to me as a gainer to be an ample size and the effort I have put in to achieve this.

If you are morbidly obese, it is the first thing people notice, even before they have spoken to you. Most people have fairly sterotypical views on obesity and put it down to laziness, greed, lack of self control and esteem. They immediately assume you are unfit and unhealthy. This certainly affects your prospects in the employment market. I changed jobs about five years ago. At the time I was about 250 pounds, so I was obese but within conventional limits so it did not affect my prospects. Now I am more than 100 pounds heavier I think that I would be at a much greater disadvantage at a job interview. It is not fair but a fact to accept. At work I probably work harder than anyone and take fewer days off sick...for what it is worth.
6 years

DDcupcake:
[quote]DDcupcake:

womansbellylover348:
A. Your doctor WILL read you the riot act. B. Friends and family are doubtless either too polite or too embarrassed to mention that you've gone way past a touch overweight. It's okay, One day, in the not too distant future, they'll ask you when's your due date and you will THEN know they officially consider you FAT!![/quote

I did get my first "when are you due?" comment this week. At work. From a woman in my office (works on another floor...I barely know her. We were in the elevator together and she asked me. Funny thing is, she actually is pregnant. Tall and skinny other than her baby bump. I probably look more pregnant than she does, and she's due in December. Needless to say she was mortified, when I told her I wasn't expecting.

When you think about it, it's GOT to be a bit of a turn-on to have someone THINK you're pregnant when you're not. Especially if you've been gaining purposefully!!
6 years