forum  lifestyle tips

afraid of health problem3 weeks

So I recently have been gaining like I've always wanted to but am scared of developing diabetes. If it were a 40 pound gain and im at a healthy weight now, would i have a high chance of getting major health problems?

afraid of health problem3 weeks

I imagine has to do a lot with your genetics. Some will be more prone while others could blimp up and have fewer problems. Ultimately, keep regular Dr visits and if he mentions it after a blood draw, then it will be up to you.

afraid of health problem2 weeks

It really depends on genetics. I would suggest keep gaining and enjoy life, but make regular doctors visits to get glucose levels and test for insulin resistance and prediabetes. Then, at least you'll know if you're at risk for diabetes and you could tone down the gaining if that happens

I'm around 300lbs, and one of my knees has started "popping" now. It makes me wonder how long it will be before the other does the same. What is the progression of joint issues, especialy if I do not stop now?
I do not want to stop gaining, would like to get opinons.

I mean, consult a doctor sometimes, but also you should be fine if you're eating kinda healthy "normal" food in just huge quantities, as opposed to chugging 2-liters of coke every day.

There probably are genetic factors, too, but like
I'm definitely at least 120 lbs overweight, and my only real problem is I can't run very far. My blood pressure is still the same as it ever was, which is to say "normal". My testosterone is completely fucked, but that's not necessarily due to weight.

Everyone's different....some get loads of issues,some a few and some none.
The best thing you can do is look as far back and as wide as you can within your family and see if there's any high incidence of things like diabetes,high blood pressure etc.
Getting fatter is NOT going to improve your health,it'll either make no difference or make it worse.If that's you,don't do it...if a love of food or fat outweigh that in your own mind,go for it 😊