Fat experiences

Largest size in stores

I have never had this issue before but I have been noticing that 2x is the largest size in my regular clothing stores. Right now I'm a 2x for shirts and a 40 inch waist. For my body type I'm really only gaining in my belly and it's always sticking out and can't be hidden anymore.

So my next step is shopping at the big and tall clothing stores. I was wondering what everyone's experiences was like shopping only at the big boy stores?
6 years

Largest size in stores

Been shopping there for years. I don't know what's in your area but DXL or whatever it is now the closest me. I've always been happy with them - under their previous companies too, before they merged. The biggest difference I think you will see, and I don't know what kind of clothing you buy, so I'm comparing to Walmart, but the the clothes at a Big and Tall shop are generally more expensive but also much better quality. You get what you pay for I guess. Also, the sales people are a little more consultative, sometimes helping me know what looks better on me and what I can try vs places like Walmart where you're pretty much on your own.
6 years