General

Dealing with weight loss: venting

Currently living with my mother and sister while I go to college. My hours got cut so I'm behind and relying on the food in the house more often then being able to go out and buy my own supply.

Not only is the physical labor in my work causing me to lose much more weight then I have before, but now everyone else is on Weight Watchers so the food in house is so...empty.

I miss the richness! The feeling full. I want my jiggle back! My clothes fit better sure but I don't feel as soft or comfortable. I was on the brink of 400lbs not even 2 years ago! Now I'm on the edge of 200lbs and I just feel so disappointed...like I'm disappearing.

This was mostly just a scream into the void deal but I would be interested to see if anyone here has had similar experiences.
6 years

Usually when someone regains the weight, they pack it on very quickly. So, when you are able to gain again, you'll do it very quickly.
6 years

johnxyz:
Usually when someone regains the weight, they pack it on very quickly. So, when you are able to gain again, you'll do it very quickly.

Thank you! Ever since I made this I have been getting a lot of support. I'm hoping to gain back what I lost and then some smiley
This helped me regain my patience and made me realize just how good I felt big. Looking on the bright side, if I lose some now, I can gain more later! ^_^ And now I know it will be quickly, which is a comfort! Thank you!
6 years

projectpolemics:
Weight Watchers food?

Blech...I feel ya!

No one ought to live that way, no matter their body size!

LOLOLOL Maybe that's how it works... you really, truly don't want it and have to be very hungry to suffer through it??
6 years

SahX:
This kind of situation is exactly one of the reasons why she finished by getting pessimistic about her gaining capabilities and also one of the points to which why she temporairly dropped down the idea to fatten up herself. Working time, irregular food diets, up-and-down metabolic system, weight yoyo-ing, weekly outside activities, ecetera.

I'm sorry about your friend and I genuinely hope the drop was temporary or that she found happiness in something else. It sounds like if you ride to much on gaining, you can become as crazy as any health fanatic smiley
Seriously though, I hope she finds comfort in the small gains, the small tastes of fatty food when she can have it, that she truly loses her love of gaining.
6 years

fatspank:
What's happening is your metabolism is freaking out, it thinks you're starving because of the sudden lack of food. Meaning, that once it gets access to lots of food again, its going to store it as fat just in case you 'starve' again.

If you do want to get big again some day, have like 2 meals a day, randomly have a big meal when you can. This will train your metabolism to store as much fat as it can. So when you do start fatting up again, you'll probably blow past 400lbs with ease!

Isn't science fun? smiley

Yes it is!!! And noted to implement asap! I can't wait to binge like this. One day, one day. For now, midnight fast food and too big bags of sweets.
6 years

projectpolemics:
Weight Watchers food?

Blech...I feel ya!

*sighs* You understand. Fat free anything is a crime against nature.
6 years

projectpolemics:
Weight Watchers food?

Blech...I feel ya!

ChubbyHubby:
LOLOLOL Maybe that's how it works... you really, truly don't want it and have to be very hungry to suffer through it??

Funny story, I tried to do Weight Watchers in middle school and gained 5lbs in the first week. I wish that would happen again now, but then I swore off diets forever. So at least WW did one good thing.
6 years

Sharon Lin:
There comes a time when excess weight becomes a problem. My husband was diagnosed with obesity. We found a clinic that uses endoscopy equipment this is the best diagnostic equipment to date. The clinic helped us to cope with this because we received qualitative diagnostics

I don't understand. All you need is a scale to diagnose obesity.
6 years