Gaining

Original goals vs. actual results?

Curious to hear some perspectives from people who have intentionally gained - what were your original goal sizes, back in your skinny (or at least, skinnier!) days? Did you stick to it, or end up somewhere completely different?

Anecdotally, I feel like a lot of gainers tend to have their upper limit be a bit of a moving (or rather, growing) target.
6 years

I weighed 143 lbs (also 5’4” - very short) in 2013. My goal to date has been 243, because 100 lbs gained seemed like a nice round number. Unfortunately I’ve been stuck at a plateau around 220-230 forever now, but I KNOW if I do make my goal, I’ll want to reset the goal posts to 300, then 330...
6 years

Frogman:
I weighed 143 lbs (also 5�4� - very short) in 2013. My goal to date has been 243, because 100 lbs gained seemed like a nice round number. Unfortunately I�ve been stuck at a plateau around 220-230 forever now, but I KNOW if I do make my goal, I�ll want to reset the goal posts to 300, then 330...

Were the 300s always something you'd considered, or has that come about as you've got closer and closer to your goal?

SahX:
I'm not a Gainer, however as I often reiterate I my best girl friend has (or rather, had) some ambiguous penchants to Feedism and a more yet indecisive fancy about the idea to become huge.

At the beginning, her intention was to stuff up herself until she attain the 225-lbs mark and when we knew each other many years ago, she weighed a mere 112-17lbs. After many attempts within time, weight yoyo-ing, resignations, urges to fatten up herself again, ecetera, she nearly completed half of her body goal last year ago with a whereabout 170lbs but quickly lost most of her extra poundage so laboriously gained to drop down to 130lbs again (her actual weight" set point"smiley .

Because she's, kinda bordeline bipolar when we talk about her body standards and fantasms, that her metabolism is too much irregular then probably also because some people at her entourage advertized her about the "risks" she can have concerning her both health and future couple life if she lost her thinness, she grew pessimistic and somewhat disdainful about that then decided to temporarily leave away for awhile. Quite unfortunately, at the moment she agreed she and I would starting an one-year plan in order to optimize her weight gain.

She still tend to fluctuate sometimes between 130 to less 150lbs, regarding her gastronomical mood, but not like before anymore.

Interesting to hear about someone who undershot their goal rather than overshooting it - seems to be somewhat of a rarity in this community! It'll be interesting to see if her desire to gain stays gone, or if it comes back with a vengeance later down the line.
6 years

When I was actively gaining I constantly ended up going over my goal weight.
I didn't weigh myself all the time like some did and always ended up 5 or 10 lbs over the goal I had set.
6 years

When I was in highschool, I had never imagined that I would actually grow up to be a short fat guy.I had a hidden desire to become very large but I'm glad that that hasn't happened exactly as Imagined because the size that I had in my mind would have made it virtually impossible to go out and do anything.
6 years