forum  extreme obesity

any other people really into the idea of a world where obesity is normalized and encouraged?2 months

A world where magazines feature cover photos of immobile women gorging themselves and contain tips on how to pack on the pounds faster. A world where people are sent off to a fattening school once they come of age to ensure they're well over the point of obesity within a few years.
I'd like a world where a person can go into a fast food restuarant, order everything on the menu, stuff themselves to the point that they can barely move and give their belly a satisfied pat without recieving any strange glances.
That's the world I wanna live in.

any other people really into the idea of a world where obesity is normalized and encouraged?2 months

That would be a very nice world indeed. It reminds me of an article I read LONG time ago, before the whole BBW movement, about a movie that someone was trying to make featuring a world with the fat and skinny roles reversed. People admired fat girls, desired fat girls, people tried to gain weight etc. I was sad it never got made, and I remember it was going to end with two chubby girls on a beach as a skinny girl walks by. One chubby girl says to the other, something like, "What a shame, such a pretty face." in reference to what people used to always say about fat girls, "She has a pretty face."

In reality, I think criticizing people for being skinny is just as bad as criticizing or judging them for being fat, but the point of the movie was to show what it would be like if it was opposite, and human nature is, well, human nature.

Even if you remove the 'encouraged' part, it's still quite interesting to think about! Like, I wonder how many people would choose to get fat if they'd spent their life in a society where it was just treated the same as dying your hair, or getting piercings/tattoos? I think it'd be a surprisingly high percentage.

Jenji:
Even if you remove the 'encouraged' part, it's still quite interesting to think about! Like, I wonder how many people would choose to get fat if they'd spent their life in a society where it was just treated the same as dying your hair, or getting piercings/tattoos? I think it'd be a surprisingly high percentage.

It absolutely would. There are already examples of this in the world. Some South Pacific islands like Tonga in particular, being fat was always the desired body to have, right up until they got American television introduced in the 70s(?). Then they all started wanting to be skinny and even the king started sponsoring weight loss contests and such. Made me sad that our culture was "contaminating" another so negatively.

I believe in Nigeria(?) some rural areas that practice a more traditional lifestyle, girls are deliberately fattened when they reach a certain age, complete with living in a sort of large cage to limit activity, while other people from the village keep her well fed and the village mothers spend time talking and teaching her how to be a good wife, mother and adult female in their culture. I think the practice is falling into question and being discouraged now but it does offer a glimpse into real life cultures and lifestyles that to us, seem like a fantasy come true.

In a world where both I.A.s, Globalization & Eugenics overrules the mainstream core of Capitalism and where we may product a widespread plethora of "needs" to such form of system without risking to kill our planetary environment around or worrying about "waste" or "environmental imbalance" which would be there everything but mere archaic conceptions...

yes, there could be probable with the further progress of technology that Western society may evolve out of its present patterns - including thin worship, which exists no more no less for economic reasons only - decides to screw off this body standard then that eventually, widespread obesity strikes throughout the upper class.
If the upper class, at its turn, decide to product some propaganda to which what:
- being a bizillon-of-pounds, bed-bound female humane beachwhale is the ultimate panacea to Beauty, Success, Self-Empowerment & Health;

- that the more a woman let her multi-folded girth hang down right to the ground the more her figure will be closer to a "fit body";
- then above all that human beings doesn't dies anymore because of their physiology which cannot handles anymore to weigh one-quarter-or-half ton;

that's would be an eventuality. The 2008 Disney/Pixar animated film feature "Wall-E" already exploited this theme about a reclused Hypercapitalist space Utopia where most of the descendants from the last humans worthy enough (or rather, wealthy) to be drive out from a Dying Earth hundred of years ago ran a hedonistic, vacation-lookalike way of life out of any stress with their day-to-day utterly idle activities, anaerobically-superobese bodies thanks to many generations of (partially engineered, perhaps) physiological adaptation under artificial gravity motion then even utter obese babies... before a Earth-bound, mechanical allegory to the Biblical Adam develop out of its initial programm overtime both sapience and lust for a celestial New Eve and a forbidden fungal lifeform then decide to screw off an entire spaceship secretly lead by some outer-space Big Brother.

A Libanese commercial ad for an popular ice cream brand, still in the late noughties, exploited that theme either by showing an alternate-world society where mainstream women's beauty standards were fat-centered instead ours then how a good-looking thin woman - the protagonist - who could use to be a strikingly neck-breaking model in our thin-obseesed reality was subject, in only a few dozen of seconds, to an overwhelming environment where anyone, from the very overweight women around to the men to most any daytime shade, continually ashame her by various means because of her socially-unfit, unattractive figure: like a satire reflecting how fat women's experience use to live in real life.
The irony has further pushed away since, in spite not displaying any upright inferiority complex about her body issues (besides some hint of jealousy when men prefers bigger women instead her) , the character done in the conclusion of this ad to console herself at late noon by eating the branded dairy product while outwatching valuingly meanwhile the picture ad of a mainstream supermodel (irl, a Plus Size model) outside her window.

No then I wouldn't be special LOL

Ditzy:
No then I wouldn't be special LOL

Well said.

any other people really into the idea of a world where obesity is normalized and encouraged?2 weeks

I've been pointed out on the street and laughed at and yes, I could do without that. It hurts. I don't want to attempt to force people into anything they don't want to do (fantasy stories are another thing entirely!) so I'd love a world where there were services and businesses that cater to fat people. I'd also love restaurant booths in different sizes so I could fatten comfortably.

any other people really into the idea of a world where obesity is normalized and encouraged?2 weeks

Mistitums:
A world where magazines feature cover photos of immobile women gorging themselves and contain tips on how to pack on the pounds faster. A world where people are sent off to a fattening school once they come of age to ensure they're well over the point of obesity within a few years.
I'd like a world where a person can go into a fast food restuarant, order everything on the menu, stuff themselves to the point that they can barely move and give their belly a satisfied pat without recieving any strange glances.
That's the world I wanna live in.

I don't want to force people to attend a fattening school but I'd love them to exist and I'd love it even more if the term "fat farm" meant you went to be pampered, fed, stuffed and encouraged to grow nice hot fat.

I read a story somewhere about a pill that made it so Fat was basically weightless, so the people could gain into insane numbers and not have it affect them unless they wanted too, on the same note there was something that allowed them to gain insanely without any problems of disease, which is my dream personally.

Its interesting how Fat used to be a sign of royalty, and the ability to not have to do your own work, and now people demonize it. Its annoying but, if we lived in a time back then, we would be royalty basically
1 page 1 of 2   loading