Gaining

Slow vs fast weight gain

So far Ive been getting some crazy stretch marks with rapid weight gain, Ive put on roughly 40-50 pounds in a 2 month period and it's turned my stomach, thighs, crotch, and some of my arms into a mass of stretch marks. Im not sure how slow you have to go in order to avoid them, but I do know that puttin on pounds fast definitly brings them. Other than that things that tend to follow with rapid weight gain include, back pain, joint stiffness, obvious stretch marks, outgrowing of clothes, and people have had health problems, but I havent experience any so far.
6 years

Slow vs fast weight gain

Heavy cream works wonders lol
6 years

Slow vs fast weight gain

Girl2feed:
By the way do you know what's (generally speaking) the best weight gain rate to avoid stretch marks or is it too dependent on genetics to even have a guess?

I think this would be too heavily reliant on genetics to truly determine, but I'm not sure personally
6 years

Slow vs fast weight gain

Geodude:
Fat doesn't mean unfit, so you can stay active to keep your muscles strong and this will accommodate the new weight and stave off joint pain etc. As for the diet part, eat healthy but just eat more. Avoid bingeing tonnes on sugary or processed fatty food too much. A varied balanced diet with bigger portion sizes can work.

Girl2feed:
Thank you so much! smiley
I'm definitely going to try out those tips (even tho healthy food costs way more than junk food -,-).
I'm so glad this site has such a lovely community. smiley
By the way do you know what's (generally speaking) the best weight gain rate to avoid stretch marks or is it too dependent on genetics to even have a guess?

I have been gaining, slowly, for four years from 207 lbs. to 230 lbs. I do not have any stretch marks, even though my waist has gone from 43 inches to nearly 48 inches. I thought I would share this with all of you.
6 years