forum  general

depression2 weeks

It's a dark demon. And it's swallowed me again smiley
Any coping strategies? I don't want to go back on antidepressants.

depression2 weeks

I understand the struggle your going through right now and feel for you its truly horrible illness. Things that have helped me in the past are getting out side a walk in some woods or just somewhere natural and peaceful, focusing on the positives in life and not dwell on the negatives just accept them and try to push on ( i know easier said than done ) keeping busy helps too gets your mind off it at least for a little while. talking to close freinds or family or a therepist works for some people too but carnt say it worked for me but everyone is different thats the beauty of this life! hope this helps and you whoop its ass you can beat this you got it!

x

depression2 weeks

good advice, another thing that I have found helps is spend even a little bit of time every day doing something that helps build you as a person. Like try to cook or bake something you have not tried before (with friends!) or learn to make an oragami swan out of a dollar or learn a magic trick or read a chapter of an interesting book.

Another thing that really helps is setting some sort of goal and methodically working towards it. Back in high school there was a really steep road I would run up and even though everything else was terrible, before I went to bed I would see how far I could sprint without stopping. Regardless of school or social things, just getting one mailbox closer to the top was a small victory. And those small victories are the stepping stones that can help you through a tough time.

Goals can be anything, memorize a poem in its entirety, (girls who read [youtube search for that] is an excellent one), help a random person a few times a week (I gave a random construction guy a gatorade while sitting in traffic and he gave me his whole life story in return and said this was the first time in a long time that anyone had been kind to him, and his gratitude at my simple gesture made me so very happy too, helping people just makes you happy!), or maybe you've never had good balance and want to be able to hold a yoga pose for a minute, AWESOME!

TL;DR: set small, bite sized goals and work towards them, making measurable progress in life is always something to be proud of, and if you are proud of yourself it's a bit easier to be happy smiley

depression2 weeks

Some good advice here. Lots of distractions are important. Keeping busy, going outdoors and doing stuff, talking to people, setting goals and working towards them. Music's great to listen to and find comfort from, and it can help influence moods and feelings in a direction you want them to go. There's nothing wrong with having a good cry too, it can get some of the stress out especially if you haven't cried for some time. Remember to look after yourself and love yourself - you're the only person who'll be with you for your entire life, always.

depression6 days

I suffer from major depression and usually find it hard to get out from under. I do take medication and I have a psychiatrist and psychologist that I talk to. Those things help but not always. I'm not crazy...just sad. Low self esteem...

depression6 days

queensizegoddess45:
I suffer from major depression and usually find it hard to get out from under. I do take medication and I have a psychiatrist and psychologist that I talk to. Those things help but not always. I'm not crazy...just sad. Low self esteem...

Sorry to hear. Hope it helps being here.

depression5 days

Get yourself a therapy.

depression4 days

Thanks for all your advice. Trying to find times to do things for me again. I think I need some selfish time.

depression4 days

I have anxiety and at sometimes pretty bad. What I found that helps is my drawings. I use it as an escape from all of life's garbage. When I do that everything seems to disappear. It has helped me greatly.
Another thing is developing a mantra for yourself. This has also helped me on a day to day basis. I really hope that anyone of these examples that anyone has provided on this thread helps. What can also helps is having someone to listen to you.

depression3 days

I also have anxiety, but I'm getting treatment for that.
Having someone to listen to you is indeed a must. If you like, I can be that person for you.
I usually don't have anything new I can post or reply to these days, except for a couple of emails or pm's.
Feel free to talk to me.

I also do arts, as in sculpting and painting.
I'm developping my own style at it, as my teacher describes it, and only want to do better from now on.
1 page 1 of 2   loading