forum  weightgain

gaining 2lbs a week1 week

For both of your questions (this thread and results thread) It really depends on your body. It's something you kind of have to learn what you have. There really isn't a set standard on how fast one can pack it on as our body types and reactions to it are different. For me this fall I'm taking in 3 to 5 lbs of "fat calories" but it doesn't dictate that ill take 3 to 5 lbs a week based on activity and metabolism.

By "fat calories" I'm referring to extra calorie intake that I don't need. Roughly 3500 calories is 1lbs of fat. So if your maintain calorie intake is 2500 a day you need 6000 a day to get that 3500, just for example smiley I'm on average 4000 to 5000 a day. This doesn't include the actual fat intake either smiley

Definitely a good plan start while the food will be plentiful smiley

And your body does not usually convert all the calories you consume for your bodies use. I read that to gain a lb you actually need to consume an extra 5200 calories.

If you want to gain 2 lb a week, you will need at least an extra 10,400 calories per week over what your body burns.

So that is, in round numbers, an EXTRA 1500 calories a day, average.