Fat experiences

Gaining weight might make you look younger?

It might be just an exception, but I've seen a striking example involving one of my acquaintances.

When she was around 30 years old, just barely a little chubby, she started to get wrinkles, and she looked somewhat older than her age.

Now she is 35 years old, and gained a lot of weight during the last few years. Her hips got significantly wider, her belly button turned into a deep crease, making her belly start to hang, but at the same time it pokes out farther forward than her quite sizeable breasts. Her face is rounder now, but without her chin getting too big to distort it, and her wrinkles disappeared.

What is interesting, is that she looks much younger now. I bet she could hang around with twenty-somethings and not stand out. If she told you that she's 25, you would probably believe her without a second thought.

I know that it's not because of my biases as a FA, because I know people who don't have similar preferences at all, but they still say how young she looks now. She is much more confident now and is happier with her life (unrelated to her weight), this might also have some effect.

Did anyone else have similar experiences? I guess it heavily depends on how one's weight is distributed. Some people might be luckier than others.
6 years

Nope - my genetics just make me look fatter. Not younger.
6 years

An ex of mine had wls (the band actually) and lost some weight. She removed the band, gain some weight back (and I hopped she regain it all) and she looks much better because she lost all the loose skin.
6 years

It definitely makes you look younger. The face naturally becomes more gaunt as the collagen decreases and obviously, wrinkled. Fat fills in the gauntness and also almost has the same effect with wrinkles. I've never seen anybody who has gained weight look older.

It's funny too, because since gaining all this weight, whenever I've asked to bum a smoke off someone (which is quite often, admittedly lol, I'm always forgetting mine).. I am almost ALWAYS asked now by the person giving me one "if I'm even old enough to smoke".... That never used to happen, people always assumed I was of age or even older! And I'm 6 years older than the legal age here.. Lmao.
6 years