forum  fat experiences

how to limit stretch marks?5 days

I'm a french gainer who want to gain muscle et fat. I've gained 34 lbs (15 kg) from the end of july to july. I've stabilized at 188 lbs (85 kg). I want to gain more (fat and muscle). I've started working out since a few months. I like lifting weights.

I did not have any stretch marks from my rapid gain. But since I've started to lift weights, some stretch marks on my thight appeared. As I continue to lift weight, and as my weight stabilized before I began to work out, stretch marks grow and a lot of news appear. Is it possible to stop that?

I would like to gain to become an musclechub/bear mode. But If I could avoid big stretch marks everywhere ans especially on my thights, it will be better.
Any advice?

Try to avoid any amount of rapid gains, stay hydrated, and look into lotions for making sure your skin stays hydrated.

They basically pop up whenever your skin has been outstretched or is too day and your skin has been taxed ( as far as I am aware ) so just avoid those things and you're fine.

Not sure if this is true or not, but I heard that in order to prevent stretchmarks you shouldn't gain more than 2% of your body weight per month - for you that would mean not gaining more than 3.76 lbs (1.70 kilos) a month at your current weight.

august:
Not sure if this is true or not, but I heard that in order to prevent stretchmarks you shouldn't gain more than 2% of your body weight per month - for you that would mean not gaining more than 3.76 lbs (1.70 kilos) a month at your current weight.

Im going off what i've heard from online and various sites when I was looking through shea butter haha. There is of course a certain threshold where you will get them regardless, but what I listed are just ways to help stave them off I think

Thank you for the advices. I'll try these.

It's sure gaining 5,67 lbs (2,5 kg) per month during 6 month doesn't help. Even if I should have gained between 3,1lbs (1,4kg) and 3,78 lbs (1,7 kg) to stay in the limit. The gain was roo quickly.

But since a couple months ago, my weight did not change (only few lbs more or less per week). So even if i work out too, i do not grow so quickly. Especially when I do not have the impression of huge muscle growth and see some cellulite (not sure) on my thights. Maybe just the results of stretch marks.

I'll be carefully thanks to you !