Feedback and suggestions

Video run-time politics

To be honest I don't even bother watching a video if it's less then 40 seconds long, I don't see the point in it.

As such I'd agree with your suggestion but I imagine some people may not be capable of making a minute or longer videos for one reason or another so I'd compromise and go with 30 seconds.
6 years

Video run-time politics

It's something I've been thinking about doing for a while, but I think it will involve some website changes to make it easier for people to upload longer videos.

Currently they have to wait while the video uploads from their device to the server, which for longer videos on a slow connection could take several minutes.

I'll look to see if it's possible for the videos to upload as a background process so people can get on with using the website while it uploads. They could be sent a notification when it's ready.

I agree though, 3 second videos do seem pretty pointless.
6 years

Video run-time politics

Wait, am I missing something? Are you paying these people to upload clips? Also the ceiling for file size is not very high so if you're shooting in HD, there isn't much that can be done about length. I'm sure people are glad that others watch and enjoy their FREE videos but imposing regulations without compensation is the silliest thing I've read this morning.
6 years

Video run-time politics

I think they're referring to the Fantasy upgrade which removes the viewing limit
6 years

Video run-time politics

It removes the viewing limit but doesn't change the fact that users (premium or not) generate the content and they're not getting paid to do any of it. If you're not paying me, you have no say in how often I upload content or how long/short it is. You guys don't even allow sex workers with profiles on here to properly market their premium content but you're expecting the average person to roll out the red carpet for your (paying) users and shoot at least a minute of high quality videos?
6 years