forum  weightgain

should i gain weight??2 weeks

So I used to be 220 pounds at 5'4 but I lost a bunch of weight and now I'm 178. Recently I've been eating a lot and I gained 10 pounds in less then a month and I've gotta say it feels good and I love eating but I am concerned about what other people think. I am already pudgy should I get down right fat?

I'd love to say that our societies' opinion doesn't count much, as you are in control of your body so you decide what happens with it. As a person who loves huge people I would say go ahead, but of course that is completely up to you to decide.
Are you willing to risk your health over weighing in just a little bit more, say 50 lbs? To quit being healthy is a tough call, but on the other hand it can be liberating to express yourself through gaining some. For me, expressing myself in one way or another, is a liberating thought and one I cannot ignore any longer.
I do not know by the time I'm writing this, what to do with my weight given and am in a similar situation. Society may think this or the next, but what happens to you is the most important and I'd say just follow your gut feeling!

I say go for it! I weigh about 370 pounds and I'm loving it. Yeah, the concern about what other people think is definitely a thing, but if you learn to love yourself and put yourself first, you'll find that it doesn't last that long.

Ravenous15:
I'd love to say that our societies' opinion doesn't count much, as you are in control of your body so you decide what happens with it. As a person who loves huge people I would say go ahead, but of course that is completely up to you to decide.
Are you willing to risk your health over weighing in just a little bit more, say 50 lbs? To quit being healthy is a tough call, but on the other hand it can be liberating to express yourself through gaining some.

See here's the thing my blood pressure and everything was still good when I was at 220 so I think that I'll be fine if I only gain to around there but I know once I get to 220 they'll be no turning back and I'll end up getting fatter. I honestly would love it and it's been my life long dream to be fatter. When I was a little kid I used to stuff pillows down my shirt to pretend I was a fat lady and I used to eat as much as I could as a kid just to feel the fullness. Then I started really gaining at 19 and wound up 220 pounds but then was forced to lose it all and was down to 130 for a couple years but I slowly crept back up to 215 and then felt like people were judging me so I lost weight and went down to 170 but over the last month I've gained 10 pounds and with the amount I eat I don't know if I can stop.

Cool, I really appreciate your comment, especially the part concerning you stuffing some pillows under your shirt. It was one of my obsessions as a kid too, and I've never grown out of it either it seems.
Society does not forbid you to change anything about the way you look, but it is pretty judgmental towards weight gain as it is unhealthy and makes you look way out of shape.
I don't care very much about the consequences, but I do care about what people will say. I'm afraid they will force me to stop gaining in case that I started (I haven't started yet), but I do know what a possible outcome might be. That they force me to lose it all again, and that would be dreadful.
You can always try to gain up to a certain weight, and see what the community, your surrondings, tell you.
If everything checks out and you feel good at being that heavy, you might try to go higher up and raise the goal you had in mind.

You have to go with your gut smiley I also struggle with worrying about what others think, but have let myself get up around 250 lbs to enjoy food and fattening without reaching a size that would be very concerning to some of my family. I have dieted down (like right now) but usually just get fat again... it would probably be better to just stay fat... certainly more fun. Maybe try gaining a bit more and see how you like it. Usually others are not thinking about your weight nearly as much as we imagine. Plus they have already seen you chubby.

If you always worry about what people think, then I say no, you should not gain.

This is your choice.