Lifestyle tips

Best bed for 600+ pounds

Finally Fat:
I built our bed. Had one pine board 16' x 17" x 4" thats been stored in my cellar 20 years. Flawless heartwood. I had it milled in half (16' x 18" x 4"smiley and used just that wood to make our bed.
I built it for 800 lbs. We've been sleeping on it now for 3 yrs. As a couple we're over 600 lbs now and our bed is filling up! The frame hasn't made a sound- it's massive. Have a look-
fantasyfeeder.com/pics/photo
First stages.
Slats in place. 1.5" sq. on 3" centers. No mattress sag.
We've grown so fat in our bed.

Nice work. It looks like how one would build an upper story floor. Does it come apart for moving house?
6 years

Best bed for 600+ pounds

I just have a regular double bed with some crates underneath to support it if it ever does collapse.
6 years

Best bed for 600+ pounds

Just because the bed can support the weight, does not mean the floor can.

Is all the weight on the four corners?
6 years

Best bed for 600+ pounds

Maybe we should separate the issue of mattress and the bad frame. Buy the best mattress that can support your weight but do buy a cheap frame so you can change it when it breaks under the couples weight. I still enjoy the memory of damaging a couple of beds due to my partner weight on top of me.
6 years

Best bed for 600+ pounds

So the big issue honestly is mattresses wearing out fast so a like foam composite but sturdy mattress is probably best. That’s what I have since I’ve not been less than at least 230 pounds in my adult life. I’ve got a king and bought my mattress with possible partners in mind adding to my weight. I mean also plan to grow more so made more sense. I also bought a steel frame off of Amazon that was reasonably priced and flames to hold up to 3000 pounds. So that’s be the frame style I’d look for. If anyone wants to know exact I can look at my purchases to see an exact item name and brand.
7 months

Best bed for 600+ pounds

Tess Holiday & Jae Bee have both done ads/promos for BigFig, though between $1200-1500.00 can be pricey.
Amazon does have a sturdier bedframe for cheaper.
Could go the platform bed route (if you don't plan to move/99 yr lease).
7 months