Lifestyle tips

Gaining with high blood pressure?

Hello FF! Figured I would seek some of the experts on this problem, I know I would eventually run into this, along with other assorted problems, but was wondering if there is a real good way to combat it other than doing the usual? Would it be better in terms of health to equalize out the blood pressure before working on gaining again? Or what would be the best course of action besides obviously stopping.
6 years

Hawthorn Extract will help lower the blood pressure.
6 years

This is giving me something to think about too. I have had high BP for the last 35 years but I know that if I do 30 mins treadmill three or more times a week, it seems to keep it under control. I'm just going back on an exercise regime now as I've gained 42 lbs over the last 6 months and BP has crept up to 150/85. Last exercising regime 2 years ago brought it right down to around 120/70.

P.S. I am on meds (16mg Candesartan /day) but don't want to increase this if the exercise works. Will update this thread in a month or two to tell you if it's working. I don't plan to stop gaining altogether but will (probably!) slow down a bit.
6 years

Bathe in Epsom Salts. You can get 25KG of Magnesium Sulphate for £20 off ebay.
Put a couple of large cupfuls in your bath before filling. Then soak for an hour. It should help with your stretchmarks too.
5 years

Ditto on the hawthorn extract. In addition to capsules, the brand Dr. Christopher's sells a liquid syrup that is a bit pricey but high-quality and delicious-tasting. Several other reputable brands sell capsules.

Cucumber is also reportedly good at reducing blood pressure. You could probably get a good intake if you have a juicer. Or you could eat some gazpacho (no salt!) every day.
5 years

Hello,

I have Bloom pressure problem too. With out meds and do nothing, im around 190/100. I found the good doctor whose use 3 type of meds, not sure but its a sort of aspirin, betablock and valium. Since i use it, I have no problem. Before a good meal, I increase my aspirin (double), and its working. Now im around 140/90 when I dont stuffing me. So for me its possible to live normally with ly lifestyle.

Kiss
5 years

Hey Its May:
I have high blood pressure and I don't care one bit, I gain anyway with no issues. Plus I'm on meds for my blood pressure, that's how you manage having it. At the end of the day staying true to who I am and what I like is more important than any health issue, imo. If it has to come down to this one day, I'd rather live a slightly shorter, happier life being myself, than growing old not liking who I am and spending days in misery.
Same here.I am on blood pressure tablets.Advice: take the meds and keep on gaining,recognising that your life will be a little shorter,but much happier and fulfilled 😊
5 years