Gaining

Question on gaining...

Very interesting thread. Each person is different but I think there are some commonalities as well. For me there have been the smaller more easily attainable goals. Then there have been the sort of jeez it would be be really interesting to experience that weight, goals. For me the number has always been 250. but I tend to not really make it a hard goal. It is just too much to think about sometimes. So I find myself able to set smaller goals and get a lot of enjoyment from reaching those. I am at 215 now and find it easy to think of 220, but of course 225 would be better, and on and on it goes LOL. Oh yeah Stace you are right it is an addictive rush. Its really cute seeing you become more and more enthralled with your gains. One great thing about FF is that we can all be ourselves and express our goals and desires, and know we will be accepted.
15 years

Question on gaining...

CuriousJane wrote:
How often do you think someone who gains on purpose ends up gaining more than they planned originally? If you know of cases like this, how much more did the person gain than they planned? Did they do it because they changed their mind or they couldn't help it?

Personally, I'm kind of hoping that this happens to me - gaining more than I actually intended. Don't know if it will actually happen to me, but I'm sure I'll put on an extra 20 lbs (maybe more?) above my weight goal either intentionally or unintentionally.
15 years

Question on gaining...

Yeah, I think that the risk might be part of the thrill of it for me: the knowledge that an experimental or just-for-fun gain of 10 or 20 pounds might get out of control and you might actually gain 30 or 50 before you can stop. The whole time experiencing a mixture of the excitement of the gaining and physical changes, the worry about not knowing when it'll stop, and an anxiety that what was supposed to be a small, easily-lost gain could be turning into something permanent.
15 years

Question on gaining...

Well the last time I posted on this thread I was 215, and as expected I easily rationalized up to 220. Of course I am now on the way to 225 sitting at 222ish now. I think I am entering phase 3 I am so focused now. My desire seems to be getting stronger. This scares and excites me if that makes sense, but the notion of eating less is off the table LOL
15 years

Question on gaining...

CuriousJane wrote:
When would you expect phase 3 to kick in? I weigh 180 lbs now...was 132 to start. I'm 5'7"

I don't think these are discreet phases but rather a continuum. It's not like you wake up one morning and are suddenly in phase 3. There are in between phases.

Sounds like you're in phase 2-and-a-half!
15 years

Question on gaining...

gertrude wrote:
Yeah, I think that the risk might be part of the thrill of it for me: the knowledge that an experimental or just-for-fun gain of 10 or 20 pounds might get out of control and you might actually gain 30 or 50 before you can stop. The whole time experiencing a mixture of the excitement of the gaining and physical changes, the worry about not knowing when it'll stop, and an anxiety that what was supposed to be a small, easily-lost gain could be turning into something permanent.

Exactly. The loss of control, and the worry of how far it could go. smiley
15 years

Question on gaining...

It is really funny how we seem to reach a point where we open uo to gaining. Hard to put a finger on it. But for me it sort of started out as a fun experiment. I did it off and on and ended up becoming a somewhat larger person. More recently I have started up again. But this time it has a different sense to it. I am finding that the more I gain the more I really really like how I am changing. Is it addicting, hard to say but it has become such a rush for me. I think in the past I sort repressed the feelings and didn't let myself accept it. But I seemed to have reached a tipping point where I am able to be open and enjoy it more. I remember at one time thinking jeez 200 would really be a thrill and I would be huge LOL. Of course then it became 210 and 220 LOL. Currently I am moving towards 230, and have a sort of "thrill" goal of 250. Will I ever be 250, will I even move past that. Hard to say, but what I do know is that as I have gotten larger I just seem to be more and more motivated and turned on by my new size. I hope i am not the only one who has these feelings.
15 years

Question on gaining...

It's an interesting subject and I've been reading with fascination... just started off myself but I can really imagine those phases being correct, for some bizarre reason. CJ, I also share your anxiety about knowing when to stop, and wondering whether it'll steamroll out of control, so you're not the only one!!
15 years