Body inflation

Coke and mentos

Tried it, it kinda swelled my belly, but had more luck with bloating with liquids or air inflation
15 years

Coke and mentos

I don't know how effective that'd really be... the reaction is caused mainly by the surface of mint mentos rapidly causing the release of co2 from the soft drink as it drops inside the bottle. But I'd think the pitted surface of a mento would very quickly smooth out in the stomach, and most of the gas in the soft drink would be released during the act of swallowing, before it even got to the stomach to interact with your mento. I think most any bloating would be a result of chugging a whole lot of soft drink and have very little to do with any mentos you've swallowed.
15 years

Coke and mentos

Lakii wrote:
I tried this a few times and never worked. Maybe my belly is not stretched enough?

When I did it too much it hurt.
I had no real success. I have found with some bloating/inflation methods, some work on some people, and not on others.
15 years

Coke and mentos

brenda wrote
hey...

I know this thread is like old but I had a question about this particular topic and was just about to open a new thread about this.

I did do this method and my belly did get bigger. What really heppens though? Is it the main stomach or the intestines that inflate? And does it really make room for more food to fit in your belly?smiley
All that happens is a by-product of coke and mentos is a harmless gas which swells your stomach. You'll feel full, and need to burp, as if you have had a lot of soda.

It wont increase the capacity of your belly really, nor make more room. I found the mentos/coke only made me as big as the last time I had a food or drink bloat.
14 years

Coke and mentos

blueberrypie_n_cream wrote
i hate to be a downer but didn't Mythbusters disprove this or am i thinking of another myth
It works for some, but don't expect to look 9 months pregnant with it
14 years