Events

Club bounce

I have been to bounce, on countless times back 3 years ago. I am not the clubbing type, I usually like to have an intelligent conversation with a woman and loud music and booze usually seems to be designed to HINDER that ;-) I am also more a nerdy intelligent type and was wondering, if you have to be a certain type to go clubbing and enjoy that you probably won't find anything serious or worthwhile (longer lasting).

But still, I enjoyed so much going to Bounce (and butterfly lounge, which is just another flavour) If you like BBWs and are a FA, it is like heaven. Let's face it, there are no bars for us, no places to go out and see BBWs (and ssBBWs) dressed up for us, showing off their curves and yes, their fat. It is kind of a hormone charged environment and many go there for just booty calls. I can understand why that is: Women finally getting out and realizing that they can dress fat and provocative and yes, that men will actually love it and give them compliments. It is a match made in heaven. Bounce might be ghetto, I don't know what that means, because I am seriously color blind, don't care what race somebody is, we are all human. The music is maybe what distinguishes it most as ghetto and I like rap, ok, BUT rap all the time, all the time??
Even at the Las Vegas Bash it was like that. I talked with many people and they also found it too much rap and I wondered who the DJ asked or if they just has an idea what they were supposed to play and never did a poll on music likes.

In the right company, with people I know a little I would go down there any time again, I love it. I am now up in San Jose, the SF Bay area, which is kind of far away, so it is not something I do causually. But up here in the bay, there is NOTHING.. and I mean nothing, totally weird that in a place with millions of people where half of them are obese there is not one large club that caters to them.
And club bounce is that, it is large. One weekend I had a hard time finding parking.

Now I talked with Lisa Marie some time ago, one of the founders of bounce and she said that it was taken over by somebody else and degraded since then. I cannot talk to that effect, I have not seen it since then.

I know that a lot of people talk bad about it, but hey, it is the one and only and still the largest there is. For this, I cherish it and love that at least somebody is doing something. The atmophere where FAs and BBWs finally can meet is wonderful, no discrimination of any kind. And the 300 lbs limit? I have not been for a long time, yes, but I think this is just bullshit. They will not discriminate you if you are too thin.

So if some of you guys want to meet there a weekend, I will plan to visit some friends in LA at the same time and lets go have some fun!

Markus (aka Rubens_Feeder)
13 years