Lifestyle tips

Too fat to get pregnant

My wife is 5'5" and was 210lbs when she fell preggers. But the thing is our local maternity ward at the hospital has a BMI cutoff at 45. It used to be 40 though
14 years

Too fat to get pregnant

it varies between individuals, but i am 5"8 , currently around 14 1/2 stone, (201 pounds) and have been told i am too fat to qualify for ivf, apparently i have to lose at least 5 stone, which, at my height and frame, makes me look terminally ill, but, hey, whatever they say smileysmiley

medical professionals make such a big deal about weight, but millions of fat women, all around the world, have babies every day.
14 years

Too fat to get pregnant

jkilykthxbai wrote
Aussie_Bloke wrote
My wife is 5'5" and was 210lbs when she fell preggers. But the thing is our local maternity ward at the hospital has a BMI cutoff at 45. It used to be 40 though

theres a limit on the BMI!?!?!? that's allowed?! O_O

Yeah, unfortunately there is at my local(ish) hospital. Apparently theres one closer to the city that is better facilitated for bigger girls, but I dont know to what extent.
I find it a bit discrimatory that it's based on BMI, because you could be 250lbs and 6ft tall and be accepted, but if you're the same weight (250lbs) and 5ft2in tall, they close the door on you.
14 years

Too fat to get pregnant

I've known some single women who were told they were too fat to get pregnant, so they did not use birth control. Guess What! It's pretty reckless for a doctor to say that. Maybe if they get slapped with a nice lawsuit for child support, they won't do that. (I'm against a lot of lawsuits, but you know sooner or later it's going to happen.)
14 years