Heavy cream???

HectorSpectre:
I'm trying this at the moment, the only issue I get with heavy cream is it makes me really hot at night, so I can't sleep. Why is that?

I experienced the same thing. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a good way around it. People like us just have bodies that don't want to sleep when they're stuffed. The only thing that did work was taking something like Benadryl or Apetamin a half hour or so before going to bed, and trying to get the shake in during that window. However, I find that sleep induced by those drugs isn't very refreshing.
5 years

Jobs

What kind of work/jobs/careers do people have around here? I’m a biology PhD student, but want to do teaching exclusively in the future. How about you?
6 years

Apetamin effectiveness

Mind if I ask how you got a hold of it? The active ingredient Cyproheptadine is prescription only in the US.
6 years

Wearing down pants

*chub rub, not chin rub
6 years

Wearing down pants

One of the more annoying things about thick thighs is how the chin rub erodes the pants fabric under the crotch well before any other part. Anyone have advice on this? Or am I just going to have to live with the high turnover?
6 years

Ideal gainer pantry

What would be an ideal fridge and pantry stock for the aspiring gainer who might not have a boatload of money? Specific foods are always nice, but if anyone has "principles" for finding good gainer foods at the grocery I'd love to hear that too.
7 years

Grocery-shopping self checkout

MrsJellyBelly:
I actually quite enjoy the cashiers looks. When I was still average/skinny I would get asked "oh are you having a party" or what not. Now that I'm becoming a noticeable fatty the questions have stopped. I can tell they are avoiding asking if it's for me or something like a party bc I've clearly indulged in my fair share of gluttony.

Lol yeah I didn't realize this till I read your comment, but I just bought a bunch of cookies, drumstick ice cream, chips, and carrots (hey, got to have those vitamins) and my cashier asked if I had big plans for tonight. It didn't register that he asked on account of my haul, so I just said "not really". Then he said "just livin' it big then". Didn't realize it was a backhanded compliment until now haha.
8 years

Donuts

I would kill to have a quality (i.e. not Dunkin) donut shop that delivered. In fact, I wished every food place delivered. I heard McDonald's does delivery in Japan, so why not bakeries here in the states?
8 years

Too fat for your sheets??

If you're eating a lot before bed in order to hit that new weight, you might be having more restless sleep all around. I used to try getting down big weight gain shakes right before bed before I heard you tend to gain more that way, but it made sleep so difficult I had to stop.
9 years

I need help gaining

I've hear a lot of people suggest fasting in order to break out of a plateau like that. Going an entire day without eating (unthinkable, I know) has a tendency to trick your body into thinking it's starving, and thus will start to hold on to/gain weight more easily.
9 years
12   loading